Pallycow
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Nov 16, 2012
- Messages
- 1,697
- Reaction score
- 520
- Location
- United States
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
So I got the lens and the adapter.
I just wanted to put a few up I shot while on a break at work out back.
quick note, lens works well outside in good lighting. I did a few shots last night in the house, not great, a few macro type shots in mini studio light, ok. today outside, nice. Definitely can use the lens for some artistic or nature shots.
The aperture blades were stuck open, not been used for some time...it happens. I took it apart and opened and closed the blades, cleaned the goo, seemed to work, but the little spring that closes the blades was stretched out...I tried to put it back in place...seemed to work when I manually opened and closed. but when I got it all back together, it was closed...when I opened her up, she stuck open again. lol. I managed to get it around f/4 (just a guess) instead of wide open and left it at that.
So these shots are at f/4 ish maybe, 135mm (add in the crop factor and 1.26 adapter factor and it's close to 275mm) on a 7D. Shot in manual, and just adjusted shutter speed to meter at either middle or 1 stop over.
Will be fun to see what can be done with this lens when I have something good to shoot at .
I just wanted to put a few up I shot while on a break at work out back.
quick note, lens works well outside in good lighting. I did a few shots last night in the house, not great, a few macro type shots in mini studio light, ok. today outside, nice. Definitely can use the lens for some artistic or nature shots.
The aperture blades were stuck open, not been used for some time...it happens. I took it apart and opened and closed the blades, cleaned the goo, seemed to work, but the little spring that closes the blades was stretched out...I tried to put it back in place...seemed to work when I manually opened and closed. but when I got it all back together, it was closed...when I opened her up, she stuck open again. lol. I managed to get it around f/4 (just a guess) instead of wide open and left it at that.
So these shots are at f/4 ish maybe, 135mm (add in the crop factor and 1.26 adapter factor and it's close to 275mm) on a 7D. Shot in manual, and just adjusted shutter speed to meter at either middle or 1 stop over.
Will be fun to see what can be done with this lens when I have something good to shoot at .
Last edited:
