A few spiders

kyrontf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just some spiders found over the last few days. C&C welcome!

1. Crab spider. Possibly Xysticus sp., but not positive.
DSC01764.jpg

2. Little male jumper, about 3mm long. No ID yet. I was photographing a beetle when I suddenly found this fellow crawling around on my hand. I haven't a clue how he got there, but I immediately started taking shots. He was very inquisitive.
DSC01706.jpg

3. Another unidentified little jumper, slightly smaller than #2. This one had a way of moving about that I've never seen in a jumper before. It would scoot around a little, stop, wave its front legs, and repeat the process.
DSC02374.jpg

4. Same spider as above.
DSC02353.jpg

5. Tibellus sp.
DSC02487.jpg

If you start doing these with focus stacking, you'll turn into a monster macro shooter!

Great set! #1, #3 and #5 are my favourites. The OOF legs in front are killing me in the other tow. But anyway, nice shots! Like them a lot.

If you start doing these with focus stacking, you'll turn into a monster macro shooter!

By the way, you need several exposures focusing different parts of the picture, in order to do this, right? Probably not easy with moving subjects like spiders, but I've seen the results and it's incredible!

By the way, you need several exposures focusing different parts of the picture, in order to do this, right? Probably not easy with moving subjects like spiders, but I've seen the results and it's incredible!
Absolutely correct.

Thanks! I agree, the jumper shots really didn't have enough DoF. Usually jumpers will stop long enough to get a stack of at least three or so shots, but these two didn't want to at all. :lmao: #3 is actually an attempted manual focus stack (legs and palps moved), but only from two shots and they don't have quite enough overlap.

Great set! #1, #3 and #5 are my favourites. The OOF legs in front are killing me in the other tow. But anyway, nice shots! Like them a lot.

Thanks. :D

Most reactions

Back