A Fighter, A Survivor!

I hope that you will wish her well from all of us here at TPF

Thank you Derrel. I'm actually surprised that she let me post the image, but I think it might have touched her inner feelings enough that she consented.

@baturn so sorry, I've lost two close family members this year alone to cancer. It is devastating for the patient and family alike.

Very touching story and images. I'm happy for both of you that your time together was extended. So many couples don't get along well together. You two seem to have been gifted with the perfect partner and are greatful for each other.
As for the images: I like the second one better. For me it is softer and more gentle despite the harder light. And I love people who stand by their wrinkles.

Thank you for posting this. It is a beautiful reminder of the strong, determined, brave lady who was my wife. Pat lost her battle with cancer ten years ago .
Very sorry to hear. It gives me goose bumps to hear a man talk like this about the wife he lost.

Very touching story and images. I'm happy for both of you that your time together was extended. So many couples don't get along well together. You two seem to have been gifted with the perfect partner and are greatful for each other.
As for the images: I like the second one better. For me it is softer and more gentle despite the harder light. And I love people who stand by their wrinkles.

Thank you, 37 years and counting. The secret of our success is stubbornness neither one of us will admit we made a mistake, nor will we allow the other to have the last word. :biggrin-93:

With Multiple Myeloma, there is no cure yet, but it can sometimes be "kicked down the road". Every year you gain is another year closer to a cure. Unfortunately, one of the things they don't tell you about is the aging effect of both the cancer and the treatment on a long term basis. In her case she's been on one or another Chemo or other toxic drugs, since 2009, with only minimal times rest times in between.

I'm not saying this for sympathy for her or me, we are quite fine. We've learned to see it as nothing more than a bump in the road, you feel it but you move on. However it is the primary reason for why it was shot as it was. The hard light and contrast, was meant to accentuate the wrinkles, her scars of battle, not hide them. I didn't ask her to close her eyes, it just happened to be one of those great accidental captures, but after I processed the image I realized that I had seen that same look on so many others in the long journey of cancer, it's the peace that comes with acceptance - what will be will be. Sometimes even a blind pig finds an acorn!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back