A FINE DAY AFIELD

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aye Mates,

I was out training with my retrievers yesterday and was approached by a gent that was toting a very nice camera setup. Introductions were made and he politely asked if he could take some photographs of the dogs. Not usually having the luxury of having an accomplished photographer present to capture images while I work with my dogs, I eagerly agreed. I told him I would work my Labrador Retrievers TRAD and MAC individually on retrieves and told him they would really just ignore him while working so that he felt free to move about while shooting.

hJTCmtcDTvioRFGfA5%smA_thumb_783e_Fotor.jpg

On Retrieve ~ The Old Dog Whistler is seen sending five year old TRAD out to make a retrieve during a training session held yesterday. Tom's trained eye and skillful camera work readily captured the drive and enthusiasm exhibited by the retriever gun dog.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_783f_Fotor.jpg

All Business ~ A highly focused, driven, and stylish retrieve is exhibited by my Labrador Retriever gun dog HRCH UH TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD SH, call name TRAD as he is on his way out to make the retrieve.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_783d_Fotor.jpg

On Return ~ The pickup made, TRAD is seen crashing water as he makes a retrieve of the training bird he was sent for. A land - water - land retrieve, the dog is sent across land, through the water, and up onto land on the far side of the water to make the pickup of the bird. The dog is then expected to take the same line back to the handler / trainer to make a classic presentation of the retrieved bird into the hand of the trainer upon the command "GIVE" being issued. TRAD was spot on.

En3KaFbdS5Oijt8OA7gApg_thumb_7841_Fotor.jpg

The New Kid On The Block ~ Lake Chaffee's Autumn Legacy O' Trad Finian Mac, call name MAC. A currently 13 month old retriever gun dog trainee, MAC is one of nine beautiful pups sired by TRAD and out of Lake Chaffee's Autumn Starry Night, call name AUTUMN. The TRAD x AUTUMN litter consisted of five black and four yellow Labrador Retriever pups. Young MAC is a chip off the old block and demonstrates the same intensive work ethic as that of his sire TRAD. MAC will start running in licensed hunt tests in May.

So our great day spent training yesterday was certainly added to in the meeting of Tom, a new friend and a very skilled photographer. I can readily say that some of the nicest folks I meet are through dogs and photography, our meeting of Tom included both.

Tom had agreed to send me some of the photographic images he captured and he followed through on that last evening along with a nice note mentioning that he didn't think he had ever met happier dogs than TRAD and MAC. As the trainer and owner of TRAD and MAC, I don't believe I could ask for a better compliment than that.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Last edited:
Another great set and story of information to go with the images Mike.

What a cool day for you! Nice pictures!

Very cool Mike. It was great to see these dogs in action. Looking forward to another encounter!

Awesome story, very nice images, welcome Tom!

Very cool Mike. It was great to see these dogs in action. Looking forward to another encounter!

Aye Tom, So we meet again LOL. My laptop has been abuzz since I posted your photographs and this story on the retrievers. Lot's of well deserved compliments coming in on your photographic work. Glad to see you joined this site. I too look forward to seeing you down on the farm again, and viewing more of your fine photography.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Most reactions

New Topics

Back