Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LqnCuJ 🎁

~ UPDATE OR "PUPDATE" ~ MAC

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aye Mates,

Update on retriever gun dog trainee SHR LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC JH, call name MAC. Mac currently holds an HRC Started Hunting Retriever title (SHR), and an AKC Junior Hunter title (JH). Coming along nicely, MAC is currently 8 for 8 in his hunt test career and going into his third year as a gun dog afield. MAC was also selected as the Yankee Waterfowler's Hunting Retriever Club 2019 Junior Dog Of The Year.

MAC is running in his first AKC Senior Hunter stakes this coming weekend and we have been training diligently. He definitely has style and drive and is a strong marker. We'll see about the rest. I'll update on his performance after the hunt test.

Here's a few recent action shots of MAC at work in the water. Like I said, the style element is the easy part.

~ SHR LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC JH ~ Call name MAC.

To successfully qualify in this test, MAC will need to perform at or above the accepted standard the following;

Double marked retrieves on both land and water 100 yards or less.
A single blind retrieve on land at 100 yards or less.
A single blind retrieve on water at 100 yards or less.
A diversion bird (can be on land or water)
A walkup marked retrieve.

All retrieves made must be delivered to hand.

During the entire test, dogs are judged on marking ability, obedience / line manners, trainability, style, courage, and successful performance of all of the required elements of the test.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Good luck Mac!

How did he do?

How did he do?

Aye Mate,
Thank ye for asking. MAC earned his first Senior Hunter stakes qualification on his first entry in those stakes. His current record is 9 for 9. I am very proud of this most special retriever.

DSC09319_FotorResizedResized.jpg

SHR LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC JH

MAC currently needs 3 more qualifying scores to earn an AKC Senior Hunter Title. MAC has already been entered in two more Senior Hunter stakes events to be held in Connecticut and Long Island, NY respectively. I am hopeful of him making Senior Hunter Title by October.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Yeah! Congratulations!

Yeah! Congratulations!

Thank you. The judges were highly complimentary on MAC'S performance. T'is always good to here positive commentary from the judges directly. Diligence in training pays off.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Most reactions

Back