A Firefighters Prayer

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Continuing with the Firefighters series, had a really good time with this young man. Looks like a ton of keepers to choose from but I'm tired, and will have to work on them tomorrow. This one however really grabbed at me. Not really looking for critique as it's a very personal image for me as I remember back over the years.

no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
Smoke, thanks for this
I can almost hear the words he is saying

@Jeff15 Thank you!

@Original katomi this pose was not on my shot list. When I asked him if he'd try it, there wasn't any hesitation. Over the years we've all found ourselves in this position, whether giving thanks for our own safety, seeking blessings for those injured, or comfort for those who have sustained great loss.

It’s a brill shot as said I can almost hear his words.
I did not realise it was posed

Another excellent image; two thoughts on this one: (1) Get rid of the writing on the axe handle; and (2) perhaps pull down the highlights a bit? This just feels a bit bright to me.

Another excellent image; two thoughts on this one: (1) Get rid of the writing on the axe handle; and (2) perhaps pull down the highlights a bit? This just feels a bit bright to me.

Thanks man!
(1) - I was betwixt and between on the axe handle. I have some with name showing some not, the subject preferred this one with the name showing, so it was the first edited.

(2) - This was edited in LR then finished in Ps. When I added the embers layer it felt dark, so I added another curves layer to boost the midtones and highlights, might need to back off a little.

straight to the heart!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back