A Firefox Question

What do you mean you have it installed? Firefox comes with it installed. :scratch: ...or was that what you meant? Anyway, when you type in a search in the google bar it displays the results in the current window or tab. It shouldn't open in a new window.

If you want to have it open in a new tab just create a new tab. Here's some handy shortcuts to make things quicker and more convenient for you...that is if you didn't already know.

1. to quickly get a new tab you can press "ctrl t"
2. to close that tab quickly just press "ctrl w"
3. hold down ctrl when clicking on a link to open it in a new tab

When I want my google results displayed in a different tab, I just create a new tab with the method above and then type my search in the google toolbar. The results are then displayed in the newly created tab. I know it's an extra step but it's goes by pretty quick with the shortcut keys.

Well it came with something google, but I downed the googlebar plugin. I think it has more features? Don't ask me... I don't know what I'm talking about. You can set the googlebar to open in a new window tho, but not a new tab, which would be cool. I will have to just remember to open a new tab, but I got used to google in IE, opening a new window, so I could search from where i was without losing my page...

Thanks Harpper! :)

oriecat said:
Well it came with something google, but I downed the googlebar plugin.
Ok that makes more sense. :lol: It looks like it has a little more features but it doesn't look like it adds much to the basic built in google bar. Oh by the way, the built in google bar is in the top right corner with the "G" symbol and blank area to type in.

It would be nice if it automatically opened in a new tab window though. Here is Firefox's bried description of their google bar.

Harpper said:
Oh by the way, the built in google bar is in the top right corner with the "G" symbol and blank area to type in.

No, it's not, I got rid of that one, since it was redundant :p

Thanks Gero! That one sounds great! There were way too many plugins on that page, I don't see how I could wade thru them all to find anything good... lemme know if anything else is really cool. :)

well I usually install
Session saver - Just cause I get lazy
Linky - for photo galleries
IE View - web designing/ or peoples bad coding
Nuke Anything - Cause Flash is over used
Bookmark Link Checker - I bookmark way to many things
Compact Menu - I like things tidy
one of the web developer plugins as well.

and the best one is Dictionary.

Cuse I m hokd on fonics u now? :p

Ok, new question... used to be when I opened a pic in the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer', then I could hit the Close this program and open the image for editing, and it would open MS Photo Editor, which I like to use, so it was all good. Now when I do it, it opens in Firefox, which isn;t even an image editor (right?)... how do I fix this? :?

Find an image file. Right - Click over it Open With Choose Program. Find Picture and Fax Viewer. Check the box that says always use this program.

New question! In IE, I can right click an image and copy it, then paste it into my Photo Editor to play with it. Can I not do that in Firefox? Do I have to do the Save Image thing?

Most reactions

Back