A first time for me - Moth hummingbird.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had honestly never seen one of these before today. But it is an interesting looking creature for sure.

Hawk-moth Hummingbird-16.jpg
Hawk-moth Hummingbird-22.jpg
Hawk-moth Hummingbird-27.jpg

I believe that to be a White-lined Sphinx Hummingbird Moth. Absolutely beautifully taken.

Great job getting these, Ron. My elderly mother thought the first one we ever saw was a baby hummingbird😊

Great job getting these, Ron. My elderly mother thought the first one we ever saw was a baby hummingbird😊

My wife actually saw this one first and thought it was a hummingbird, which I guess is correct but I could tell it wasn't what I associated a hummingbird to be. lol

Very nicely done. I like the first and third. I had these in my yard last year and didn’t know what they were either. I managed a couple of shots but not as nice as yours.

Wonderful capture, especially #1. We have them around here, but I'm usually working with a Customer or something, so I just have to look at them out the window. Once of these days I'm just going to "BRB" the Customer and get a shot... :D

Very cool!

Great shots! They can be hard to photograph the way they abruptly move. Whenever I see them in my garden they're invariably investigating either bright red or blue flowers.

Nice set.

Most reactions

Back