What's new

A Fountain By Six. (which one sucks the least?)

Which IMAGES do you like the most or that suck the least? (Check all that apply)

  • I like IMAGE 1

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I like IMAGE 2

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I like IMAGE 3

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I like IMAGE 4

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I like IMAGE 5

    Votes: 13 56.5%
  • I like IMAGE 6

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I like them all.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don't like any of them.

    Votes: 1 4.3%

  • Total voters
    23
I voted for number 3. I like the detail of the rocks and the lighter colors.

Three is a good number for me and no one else had given it a hit.

One slight nitpick is the wall on the right. Somewhere in between #2 and #3 crops would suit me.

Good shots all.
 
Thanks!

Good call on the cropping! I think so too!
 
I voted 5 and was happy to see that most others did, too. I guess that means I'm not completely clueless :lol:
 
I loved 4. Didn't like 5 so much because the lamppoles seemed a bit too close to the edges. OK, a LOT too close to the edges.
 
Well in number 4 I would bring up the texture and detail in the rocks in the foreground as well as some of the darker areas at the base of the monuments.

--

Problem with 5 is that the stone fence merges with the monument which is the centre of interest. Composition wise that is considered a no, no.

skieur

How did I miss your posts? Oh well, I see them now. Thanks for the critiques! I'm going to remember that about composition. Little stuff like that always sticks in my head. I had never heard that one before cuz I dunno crap about still art. I know videography a little bit... That would be a great starting point for an elevator-boom pan shot. ;) Go from the no-no framing, through the correct still composition, and reveal a subject - character or what have you - on the tail end.


I voted 5 and was happy to see that most others did, too. I guess that means I'm not completely clueless :lol:

Thanks! Really appreciate the time taken to comment. And I would have to say that no, you're not clueless! :)


I loved 4. Didn't like 5 so much because the lamppoles seemed a bit too close to the edges. OK, a LOT too close to the edges.

Hey, thanks Snappy! I think 4 is the best too. I actually kind of dislike 5 but not so much because of the poles. It's that jello looking sky.. UG! :thumbdown: Oh well, Skieur says it breaks the rules so maybe I can pretend I knew that and feel vindicated in my distaste. :D

I sure appreciate all the comments!!!

Thanks Snap Happy, and thanks all!
 
I really liked #2 and #5! I may be crazy but it seems they all have a fish eye thing going on? Very nice pics!
 
Yup, Good eye! They were all shot at 28mm. Also on top of the angular distortion this lens exhibits a little bit (1.1%) of barrel distortion at that length. Here's a shot taken with the same model camera (purchased under US warrantee) that has 1.3% (nearly the same). http://a.img-dpreview.com/reviews/KonicaMinoltaA2/Samples/Distortion/wide.jpg

Thanks for the comments! Appreciated!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom