A FRESH start (pic heavy)

Terri Walsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few of the newborn shots I got today.
CC welcome!

IMG_3059BW-1.jpg

IMG_3045lab.jpg

closelook-1.jpg

IMG_3109workingcopy.jpg

IMG_3077crop-1.jpg

IMG_3115crop-1.jpg

IMG_2981selective-1.jpg

those creep me out for some reason

those creep me out for some reason

Comment on composition and technical aspects if you feel you have something to contribute. These pictures are very well taken and I'm sure the clients love them. This kind of comment is either a lack of any social filter or a deliberate attempt to offend. If you've ever been around children of this age, you would know that this child looks very calm and comfortable. They also don't sit up or open their eyes much. I laughed when I read this because it was so blatantly inappropriate.

Good work. I like #1 & #4.. looks like you managed to get your black background then? Also like the selective colouring on the last one. Nicely done.

Comment on composition and technical aspects if you feel you have something to contribute. These pictures are very well taken and I'm sure the clients love them. This kind of comment is either a lack of any social filter or a deliberate attempt to offend. If you've ever been around children of this age, you would know that this child looks very calm and comfortable. They also don't sit up or open their eyes much. I laughed when I read this because it was so blatantly inappropriate.

Thanks! This was my first newborn shoot, I already know of areas I could improve, but I was happy with the turnout.

Good work. I like #1 & #4.. looks like you managed to get your black background then? Also like the selective colouring on the last one. Nicely done.

Thanks! I did not get a black background in time, but rather baby was on a dark blanket that I was able to burn out a bit where needed.

Thanks again!

#4 is easily my fav.
I can't say I really like #6, looks too much like the child is out to graze.
(the missus said #1 made her think of a frog)

#4 is easily my fav.
I can't say I really like #6, looks too much like the child is out to graze.
(the missus said #1 made her think of a frog)

Thanks!
LOL. A frog was the first thing I thought of too when I was taking the shots. I kept trying to put babys legs under, but she wasn't having it, so this was it!

well done!, i like the first ones the most, number 4 is especially good. Im not keen however on the last two, i think in these you have conflicts in composition. Good overall tho :thumbup:

well done!, i like the first ones the most, number 4 is especially good. Im not keen however on the last two, i think in these you have conflicts in composition. Good overall tho :thumbup:

Thanks Arch!
I guess I sort of knew about the last 2. I had limited room in the babys bedroom to get the shot I wanted, and I did my best I think with the outdoor one, I really wasnt thinking right by that point lol! I tried to crop it to make it better.

#4 is great and I love the froggy legs of #1

I really like how you try to find creative poses and set ups but I think it would be nice to see some more natural ones too. Baby in the crib or in parents arms etc.

Thanks! This was my first newborn shoot, I already know of areas I could improve, but I was happy with the turnout.

I like them but know absolutely NOTHING about photographing infants so my opinion is quite useless...

I am curious about what YOU learned about your session though... what are you going to work on improving?

3 and 4 are my fav's
aside from color, I think the baby looks most comfortable in those.
its too bad the baby didn't want her legs tucked in for that first one, or it'd be a really nice pose. but babies that age don't really care about posing for photos, do they?
overall, I like them

I like the restful comfort of 3. I like 4 but there's too much light on the butt and not enough on the face.

overall a great job!

I really like #4 the best, and disliking #5. I think it's the distance from the subject, or the angle, can't quite put my thumb on why I dislike it.

Anyway, great work :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back