A Heron's Ode to CoastalConn

Wow, thank you everyone!

Thank you for that incredible compliment, but if Kris is hearing footsteps, I'm pretty sure they are NOT mine. I just get lucky sometimes. :02.47-tranquillity:

Uh-huh. You do know that successful people make their own luck? It's nice to be humble, but you're allowed a few toots of the horn from time to time. Because you ARE very, very good. Now admit it to yourself.:clap:

I been doing a lot a night fishing bluefish and striped bass and seen some Black Crowned night herons just sitting on a dock around 20 yards and they never moved when I shinned my flash light in there face but of course no camera. Beatiful set of Heron shots.:clap:

Uh-huh. You do know that successful people make their own luck? It's nice to be humble, but you're allowed a few toots of the horn from time to time. Because you ARE very, very good. Now admit it to yourself.:clap:

<toot>
Okay there, that's enough of that. Okay, I'll admit it--sometimes, I'm like a TWO-armed drunken monkey with a camera. :D

I been doing a lot a night fishing bluefish and striped bass and seen some Black Crowned night herons just sitting on a dock around 20 yards and they never moved when I shinned my flash light in there face but of course no camera. Beatiful set of Heron shots.:clap:

It's funny, MOST of the places I see them, they are actually pretty quick to fly off before you get too close. But this particular spot, I can get within about 20-25 feet of them. They might take off initially, but they'll return within just a few minutes, once I get settled in and quit moving around.

Action shots like this are really cool!

I wonder if you could reduce the noise and still keep the detail on some of these?

Proving once again that it's always better to GO than to sit at home and fret about less-than-ideal lighting conditions! Some good shots, and some tasty-looking small,beautiful,silvery fish that look like they're good eating and sized right for catching and consuming.

Beautiful set Sharon, wish we had some of those around here !!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back