A jumper's 2 day journey

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Day 1 - I find this little jumper scurrying all over the branches and attempt my best at getting decent shots even though he won't stop moving. I manage some great shots, but not my favorite "poses".

p337627762-4.jpg

p84593270-4.jpg

p511578657-4.jpg

p230419539-4.jpg

Day 2 - I find the same guy about 20 feet from the first spot....having a bit of a snack...a moth that is a good 3-4 times his size. Again he gives me not such great angles, but I managed with what he gave me.

p269864758-4.jpg

p280329116-4.jpg

I'd be over the moon with any of these! That focus and sharpness and detail!
And the colour of the background on top!!! :D
Wonderful!

Nice series. Thats a really cool jumper. He must have been really hungry the first day. His head is twice the size of his abdomen!

I'd be over the moon with any of these! That focus and sharpness and detail!
And the colour of the background on top!!! :D
Wonderful!

Thank you Corrina, I really appreciate it.

Nice series. Thats a really cool jumper. He must have been really hungry the first day. His head is twice the size of his abdomen!

Thank you. Didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but yeah, his abdomen is really small in the shots from the first day. I'd say the moth is a well earned meal.

Nate
It looks like you are apprenticing for NAT GEO!

Nice series of photos following the spider. I really like the commentary as well, Thanks

Thats one cool looking jumper. love the top of his head.
Nice series

nicee what were your settings?

Exif data should be intact on all of them...not positive, but think it was 1/200th, f/13, ISO200, flash on manual somewhere in the 1/4 range give or take.

Nate
It looks like you are apprenticing for NAT GEO!

Nice series of photos following the spider. I really like the commentary as well, Thanks

Thanks...Nat Geo would be awesome...though I'm sure that's a lot of photographer's dreams.

Thats one cool looking jumper. love the top of his head.
Nice series

Thank you. I agree...one of the prettier jumpers I've shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back