A landscape and one cityscape shot.

PictureThis20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This first one is a shot I took awhile ago back in may. In it is the Peninsula of Erie, Pa. It really does have some beautiful sunsets.

3583644663_b2f9acd5d0_b.jpg

And this next one is a shot from on top of a parking tower in downtown Pittsburgh, Pa. It was about mid day and reason behind the photo was too shoot urban art for class.(I'de like to think I caught that pretty good haha)

3584433418_7aff069174_b.jpg

(Please excuse the signature along with the border...it was required for class)

Thanks in advance.

The landscape shot:

The only advice I'd give you here is to turn down the yellow a bit... I know it makes the sunset pop, but it turned some of the clouds a weird yellow/brown that's a bit off and distracting... On second look... I'd check the horizon to make sure it's level also... looks like it goes up on the right very slightly....

Other than that, looks like a beautiful place :)

Urban shot:

To be completely honest (and I know you did this for class), it doesn't do much for me. I'm having trouble finding what the subject of the photo is... and the rail on the lower left is distracting me too.

Hope some of that helps!

-David

Plus 1 on turning the yellow, down, the urban shot, don't know if it was part of your theme, but I like the sign "wrongs righted" next to the adult video store and also the graffiti top right spelling "sin".

1- I echo about the yellow turned down. But generally, a nice landscape shot. I might of liked to have something in the foreground, adding some interest and some depth to the image.

2- Urban shot has a lack of interest. Too many things going on and not interesting enough to keep my attention. Not liking the blue handrail on the left hand side of the image. Comes off as a snapshot taken while on a roof top.
Try and close in on some interesting elements such as the adult store and have people walk in front of it. Look for some lines and shapes that can be a nice image on their own (I'm thinking the street lines and broken texture in the ashphalt)

Most reactions

Back