A lazy Sunday afternoon walk around Paris, armed with an 85mm

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Dp-PARIS, May 9, 2011.

1. Dp-PARIS

Dp-PARIS TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    A few shots taken on a lazy Sunday afternoon, walking around the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th districts in Paris. I took my new 85mm out for a test drive. Love the lens but loads of CA when wide open (plan to use this lens mainly wide open).

Click an image to see more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will head out for some night time photography as soon as I get the chance. I was quite surprised by how much I like the focal length when out and about.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. LarissaPhotography

LarissaPhotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's fun! I was thinking Paris architecture, so I was wondering why you chose an 85 mm, but now I see what's going on here =)

3. Tashyd

Tashyd TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really enjoyed these, especially the second and third pictures. I think it's a great idea to take one lens out on an excursion with you for the day. It challenges you to look at things differently and to get more creative.

4. Dp-PARIS

Dp-PARIS TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Thanks guys for the comments. Perhaps I could use the 85 to flatten some buildings from a distance:)

Yes, it is great to go out with one focal length. Usually I take a 50mm, so I was worried I would find the 85 too tight. However, I have to admit I really enjoyed it, plus having to get so close often spoils the cadid shots, so liked that I could keep my distance a little. Already looking forward to next weekend:) If I can resit the urge for too much wine, I will take it out at night.