A Letter From Home

H4X1MA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Local friendly competition today using the word Vintage. Vintage is actually from a wine era I guess, but I think most people just thing "old".

The jacket, paper, and scarf are actually from the WWII era. The letter is a letter from 1818, but I blurred the text so you can't read it :p

I get what you're going for, but the shells seem out of place here. Something small and bright yes, maybe dog tags, or some personal item of jewelry.

The fact that is tonally moves from light to dark, as you go from top to bottom, makes it feel a little top-heavy.

Other than these quibbles, this looks very nice! Well done!

I get what you're going for, but the shells seem out of place here. Something small and bright yes, maybe dog tags, or some personal item of jewelry.

The fact that is tonally moves from light to dark, as you go from top to bottom, makes it feel a little top-heavy.

Other than these quibbles, this looks very nice! Well done!

Well, the idea here was a soldier reading a letter from a girl (owner of the scarf) while he was at war. Dog tags would have been a good idea, I'm not sure you would remove those during war though. As for the darkness, that was on purpose since someone sitting in what is presumably a bunker would not want a bright light on. My imagination pictures a dim single hanging bulb over the table, like you typically see in war movies, which would cast a very dim light.

As for a super picture, yeah it's meh, however I feel it does get the idea across.

Yeah, I got the soldier theme. I just felt that shells didn't do much for the ideas. The ideas struck me as nostalgia, homesickness, memories. The shells just felt out of place with the themes. Some other less overt cue, that says "soldier" but without the overtness of shells, hence the tags.

Anyways, I think we understand each other!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back