A Light House

250Gimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All

Was on the east coast of Canada last weekend, Halifax and Peggy's Cove to be specific, and took some shots.

Here is the first one I have had a chance to give a quick process to. The sky just would not cooperate and give me some blue sky with fluffy clouds :grumpy:.

Let me know what you think.

LightHouseVertCropposter.jpg

Trying a new border to, so let me know what you think of it as well.

Cheers

I agree with you about the sky, but you did darn fine otherwise. Great shot and I love the composition. The rocks look great! Have you tried some burning in PS?

Thanks Montana!!

I haven't tried Burning yet, it was just a quick process to put it up. The sky was very gray, so I don't know how much I can pull out of it anyway.

Cheers

I like the sky and the crop. I don't like the border. It seems too "heavy" for the scene.

-Dan

Border: Can't go wrong witha black border IMO.

Sky: I like it too, but i'm not one to be offended by a washed out sky especially when the subject of the photo is spot-on, like the lighthouse and rocks.

Crop: How about killing two birds with one stone and crop more of the sky and get back to a more 2x3 ratio. I don't think you need so much sky above the lighthouse. This, IMO, would make this good shot great.

Very nice, the sky really doesn't bother me, there's a touch of detail there. The rocks in the forground do a nice job of leading the eye to the lighthouse, nicely composed. All and all, I say frame it. Looks good.

Mac,

wow, i really love your pic, its relaxing to see a picture like that

Thanks for the comments every one!

Jeff & pugnacious, I was kind of going for a bit of a vertical panorama almost, but I will try cropping down closer to 2x3 to trim out some sky.

Now its just to find the time to do it! It seems everytime I turn around I have to snowblow!!

I really like the comp, crop, and I don't think the sky is too bad. However I really hate the border, way too thick, I would just go with out one

Thanks for the comments every one!

Jeff & pugnacious, I was kind of going for a bit of a vertical panorama almost, but I will try cropping down closer to 2x3 to trim out some sky.

Now its just to find the time to do it! It seems everytime I turn around I have to snowblow!!

i think was think i mite like to see the lighthouse positioned a top 1/4 locatiom rather the about 5/8ish, so less sky and more rocks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back