Midtown
$BleRedGreen.jpg

Empire State Building
$EmpireState.jpg

Wishing well in Astoria, Queens
$wishingwell.jpg

Dope building I found heading DnTwn
$purewhite.jpg

Triboro Bridge/RFK bridge on the Queens side at the Astoria strip.
$thebridge.jpg

I don't know much about the sub-culture of photography but I like to tell where I got these shots in part because I love sharing beauty.

While I was fascinated by the water tanks on the roofs in NYC when I was there ever so many years ago, and would therefore be fascinated again by your first photo just because it sports one of those tanks, the street light is really killing that one for me. So sorry.

So far I haven't looked at the large versions of the other photos so I can't as yet say too much about them.
What I can see at first sight is that the amount of nondescript sky in the last-but-one photo and the perspective (composition) don't do anything for me.

The nighttime photos look interesting, but I'm not sure the illuminated-in-green building in Photo 2 is really sharp!?

I appreciate these. Thank you!

#5 could be better, IMO if you had gotten less of the foreground buildings. Like this:

$purewhite.jpg

I find the images have too much detail and the quote by Mies van der Rohe 'less is more' applies.

While I was fascinated by the water tanks on the roofs in NYC when I was there ever so many years ago, and would therefore be fascinated again by your first photo just because it sports one of those tanks, the street light is really killing that one for me. So sorry.

View attachment 34931

This was a different perspective, I took only two shoots because I thought I had it with the one I first posted. Now let me tell you, the street light is a big part of NYC life lol. I did find it awesome that you posted on my thread, I've looked at some of your pictures in the past and thought they were really good. I love to learn and that's one of the main reasons I'm on this site.

I appreciate these. Thank you!

#5 could be better, IMO if you had gotten less of the foreground buildings. Like this:

View attachment 34907

You're welcome!! Now I have to wonder around the city to find these buildings again. Oh the torture of walking around the city and taking pictures of beautiful things..j/k

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back