Blitz55
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jan 7, 2011
- Messages
- 280
- Reaction score
- 23
- Location
- Washington State
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
All done with a Sony a550 and kit lens.
Wanted to get outside and in the garage and take a few photos, see if I could find any interesting shots.
I should point out, that I did note the settings, but its not like I put my camera on those settings because I know exactly what I was doing. It was a lot of messing around and trying things out. I went from aperture mode to manual quite a bit.
Some sharpening and a bit of color tweaking in most of these.
Id love any critiques, comments, ill provide some info for each one, not that I exactly MEANT to do them at the settings but if it helps you help me then cool.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
#1
This is my personal favorite of the bunch. I liked the shapes, but more importantly, I didn't do a thing to it. This is exactly how I caught it with my camera which for me is kind of neat seeing as I always end up tweaking something or just playing around with my image a bit in Photoshop.
TRIPOD USED
[TD="class: boldFont"]Exposure[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Max Aperture[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Focal Length[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]ISO[/TD]

_________________________________________________________________________________________
#2
A pipe stuck in an old bricked up chimney. I really liked the texture of the bricks around the pipe. Did sharpen it a bit and bumped the saturation to bring out a bit more of the red in the bricks.
TRIPOD USED (haha, had to sit it on top of a garbage can...had to hold it with one hand too, got many blurry ones before that)
[TD="class: boldFont"]Exposure[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Max Aperture[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Focal Length[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]ISO[/TD]

_________________________________________________________________________________________
#3
Shot a bunch of this plant, liked the colors, or Color, of it. This one stuck out to me the most. I did a slight sharpening of it, and desaturated the background a bit so the plant popped out a bit more.
HAND HELD
[TD="class: boldFont"]Exposure[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Max Aperture[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Focal Length[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]ISO[/TD]

_________________________________________________________________________________________
#4
I liked the look of this hat hanging in the garage. Did mess with the contrast a bit so it wasn't so heavy (Brought the mid tone up a bit) and adjusted the color, made it a bit more red.
TRIPOD
[TD="class: boldFont"]Exposure[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Max Aperture[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Focal Length[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]ISO[/TD]

_________________________________________________________________________________________
#5
This little plant looked like it was trying to escape it's little potted area, others tried but seemed to die out but he may make it. I sharpened it a bit and tweaked the colors. Probably did more to this one than any other. Just having fun with it.
HAND HELD
[TD="class: boldFont"]Exposure[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Max Aperture[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Focal Length[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]ISO[/TD]

All in all, had fun, came out with some images I enjoyed looking at and messing with a bit.
Wanted to get outside and in the garage and take a few photos, see if I could find any interesting shots.
I should point out, that I did note the settings, but its not like I put my camera on those settings because I know exactly what I was doing. It was a lot of messing around and trying things out. I went from aperture mode to manual quite a bit.
Some sharpening and a bit of color tweaking in most of these.
Id love any critiques, comments, ill provide some info for each one, not that I exactly MEANT to do them at the settings but if it helps you help me then cool.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
#1
This is my personal favorite of the bunch. I liked the shapes, but more importantly, I didn't do a thing to it. This is exactly how I caught it with my camera which for me is kind of neat seeing as I always end up tweaking something or just playing around with my image a bit in Photoshop.
TRIPOD USED
| 13 seconds |
| 4.64 |
| 35mm |
| 200 |
[TD="class: boldFont"]Exposure[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Max Aperture[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Focal Length[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]ISO[/TD]

_________________________________________________________________________________________
#2
A pipe stuck in an old bricked up chimney. I really liked the texture of the bricks around the pipe. Did sharpen it a bit and bumped the saturation to bring out a bit more of the red in the bricks.
TRIPOD USED (haha, had to sit it on top of a garbage can...had to hold it with one hand too, got many blurry ones before that)
| 2.5 seconds |
| 4 |
| 22mm |
| 200 |
[TD="class: boldFont"]Exposure[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Max Aperture[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Focal Length[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]ISO[/TD]

_________________________________________________________________________________________
#3
Shot a bunch of this plant, liked the colors, or Color, of it. This one stuck out to me the most. I did a slight sharpening of it, and desaturated the background a bit so the plant popped out a bit more.
HAND HELD
| 1/40 seconds |
| 4.97 |
| 45mm |
| 200 |
[TD="class: boldFont"]Exposure[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Max Aperture[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Focal Length[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]ISO[/TD]

_________________________________________________________________________________________
#4
I liked the look of this hat hanging in the garage. Did mess with the contrast a bit so it wasn't so heavy (Brought the mid tone up a bit) and adjusted the color, made it a bit more red.
TRIPOD
| 0.2 seconds |
| 4.97 |
| 55mm |
| 400 |
[TD="class: boldFont"]Exposure[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Max Aperture[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Focal Length[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]ISO[/TD]

_________________________________________________________________________________________
#5
This little plant looked like it was trying to escape it's little potted area, others tried but seemed to die out but he may make it. I sharpened it a bit and tweaked the colors. Probably did more to this one than any other. Just having fun with it.
HAND HELD
| 1/160 seconds |
| 4.64 |
| 35mm |
| 200 |
[TD="class: boldFont"]Exposure[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Max Aperture[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]Focal Length[/TD]
[TD="class: boldFont"]ISO[/TD]

All in all, had fun, came out with some images I enjoyed looking at and messing with a bit.


