A little Canadian Waterfall in the Evening

Are you implying that a 28mm lens cannot generate bokeh? Because you're very wrong in thinking that, I have numerous examples of bokeh and/or short DOF from this lens. If the water drops are on the front lens element, say 8 cm from the sensor plane, and I am focusing on the rock about 2 metres away do you really think that the front of the lens is in focus too, even at f/16? Because if you do, again you're wrong.

And like I said, I don't shoot film, I don't really have any interest in shooting film so I'm not really sure why you keep bringing it up. My only point was that the editing done on my final version of this photo is minimal, certainly nothing more than traditional darkroom techniques.
Keep reading man: posts - whole and then some photography books, it will be good for you. Judging from the original pic you presented you are still very much close to starting point in your learning curve. You may start from here: "Depth of Field and Bokeh" by Zeiss :
http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B8B6F/EmbedTitelIntern/CLN_35_Bokeh_EN/$File/CLN35_Bokeh_en.pdf
I am serious here; it is always better to know, what you speak rather then speak what you know. It is a long journey but good luck, have a fun and come back as better photographer.
Study those long exposures
Flickr: abbye dahl

I find your undermining of my knowledge insulting. If you don't like the photo then fine, not everybody's tastes are the same. You're even welcome to say you don't like it and why, but why are you here trying to start a ridiculous argument over definitions of words that I didn't even use? Why do you assume that I am close to the starting point in my learning curve, or I don't know how to take a long exposure, simply because you don't care for my choice to include a sun flare (or whatever you may choose to incorrectly call it) in my photo? Are you a grumpy old man who still exclusively shoots film and thinks that photo editing is the death of the art? Why is it even relevant that you shoot film??

Oh my. I'm sorry, my mistake.

Hey, I'm never about trying to stop people commenting on my photos with honest opinions, but you're trying to tell me stuff that isn't true or correct, and I have to say something in that situation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back