A Little Help Please :P

Pick one thing and work on that for a day and change it up the next. Maybe lighting one day, composition on another. Shoot EVERYTHING when you are practicing like this. The more you practice the better you will be.

try limiting the quantity of photos you put up for C&C and number them. Anyhow personally I dont really like any of them, but atleast you are trying. If I had to pick one I would say #4 of the first set you posted. #4 looked interesting to me.
PS what equipment are you working with and maybe post up the EXIF data that would help others in their C&C.

i have a custom pentax
Are you shooting film?

And are you trying for a more artsy look to your pictures instead of photorealistic images? I don't quite get the cat pictures but the cards, corks and candles are pretty neat.

Chrisburke I hope you do not leave this forum. I really have learned alot from your posts.

yeah sam, exactly my style.. much more artistically geared.. i care much more for a pictures general artistic appeall than for its technical components. i recognize that sometimes to achieve a sound artistic composition that I have to incorporate and utilise some/all of the technical aspects.. thats why im on here trying to pick up a pointer or two, and become an allaround better photographer..

thanks. the card and assorted other stuff was a little setup i had going, but the cats... ahh well i have six of em.. theyre always all over the place--especially since im their primary caregiver... kinda got a soft spot for the little black and white bugger too because i raised her pretty much from birth.

ill be puttin up a few new photos in the next few days hopefully ;]

Chrisburke I hope you do not leave this forum. I really have learned alot from your posts.

thanks gsd, glad someone understands and appreciates my honesty!! i'm sticking around until i get booted.. one strike against me so far.. dont know how many it takes..

The first one looks like an old french poster, I like it. The rest don't do much for me. You seem to have an artistic eye, to keep shooting! The technical aspect will come with time.

i'd just like to say.. i've found an all time low today on TPF... I received an infraction (i think that means a strike) for my last comment, which wasnt meant in a rude way at all.... boot me, i really don't care, that has created the LAST time i recommend someone to this site, and a lot of people have joined due to my recommendation.. if you people cant take simple humor (because thats all it was) i'm obviously in the wrong place.. i will go join a GOOD Forum, where people are allowed to speak their minds, and are allowed to joke with people

oh jeez... well seeing as tho you decided to discuss this publicly.... as i said in the pm to you, its for your 'recent comments' and behaviour, which have been argumentative and condescending to noobies at times.... your comments here were an example of that.. but not the sole reason you gained an infraction. If you would like a further explination and examples of your behaviour then we can continue to discuss this privately if you wish, but this is up to you.

Apologies to the OP for making a circus out of his thread ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back