What's new

A little zoo trip

Civchic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
637
Reaction score
334
Location
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To a little zoo! This is Killman Zoo near here, and it's...meh. I hadn't been before and had only the wee one (2 years old) so I knew it would be easy on her legs. The whole place seems kind of worn and beat up. The animals seem healthy and well cared for but there's a lot of junk laying around (outside cages), and the cages themselves look sort of make shift. I don't think we'll be back. But I did get a few nice pictures!

Eurasian Lynx

aug 23 eurasian lynx by civgirlca, on Flickr

Baby Goat
aug 23 goat by civgirlca, on Flickr

Lion Cub (this one is a bit soft, but I was shooting through two layers of that wire mesh, so I'm still pleased with it)
aug 23 playing lion by civgirlca, on Flickr

Big tiger paws
aug 23 tiger feet by civgirlca, on Flickr
 
Yes! EVERYTHING was sleeping except that lion kitten. It was cool and overcast, I figured at least a few critters would be lively.

I do have a great video of the four adult lions roaring at each other - which ended with my 2-year-old wailing that the "Lions want to eat me, Mommy!"

She was probably right, LOL.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom