What's new

A long way down

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
654
Reaction score
76
Location
Yakima, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One more comparison question! It was a very productive day at Mt. Rainier National Park, and these are two of my favorites. I tried to give the second image some sort of foreground subject and thought the dead tree would be interesting. Now I'm not so sure. Which do you prefer? 1, or 2? (I feel like an optometrist now...)

1.


IMG_8195 by RxForB3, on Flickr

2.


IMG_8199 by RxForB3, on Flickr
 
I would have liked the 2nd pic much more without the tree to the left blocking the mountain but still very beautiful pics.
 
Sorry to take so long to reply, korn_2956. Life's been crazy recently. I appreciate your comment, and I agree. Next time I head up that way, I'll have to see if I can get a different angle that fixes that tree.
 
Sweeping vistas of evergreen forests can really move me. I like the lower left of #1 and want more of the foreground leading up to that cloud covered mountainside - less clouds and sky and crop out most of the right side. I'd like #2 better with less obstruction - maybe just a couple dead branches or something that doesn't distract. That sweeping forest is better in landscape orientation, too, imo. Anyway, I'd try that and see how it looks and feels.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom