A look at this evenin

Reaction score
Along about 6 pm or so our power went out, it had thundered a time or two and had a lil wind. Weren't no use sittin here at home with nothin to do, so we thought we'd ride out to the pasture and see if we could see the 25 wild hogs we seen last night. No such luck seein the hogs, but it was a neat evenin.
2006-08-17-003.jpg

Rainbow before any rain fell

2006-08-17-004.jpg

Had some fairly good wind as we got out there, didnt actually see this go down.

2006-08-17-005.jpg

Looks like plenty of firewood this winter....but I think we'll wait till it's not 105 degrees to do the cuttin it up part.

2006-08-17-012.jpg

A small slough on our place....and some big fat raindrops fallin.

2006-08-17-017.jpg

Sunset at the Chute

2006-08-17-023.jpg

Sunset over the tank

2006-08-17-025.jpg

Another view

2006-08-17-lamp.jpg

And this was the view here at the house from about 8pm till just after midnight...........Had to stay up untill the power came back on so the well could be restarted. So me and the puppies napped on the couch till all the lights came back on. Sure was glad......no fan...no a/c...it was gettin hot.

Wow, I like this series. Nice view into your world, and it is BEAUTIFUL where you live! You can go out RIDING into the countryside, just so? On horseback? Coolest!

And your evening definitely was a lovely one, lights on or not, the last pic just shows it: you made the best of it, for yourself and also photographically. I like the one of the lamp very much.

But I also like all your views across the tank or reservoir and the chute. The colours were intense. The raindrops in one of the pics sure add to it!

And what a sweet light and lovely scene you captured in the first with the rainbow and the evening light making the meadow so intensely green. But despite my being such a sucker for this kind of green, I personally would crop some of the bottom of that pic to shift the horizon a bit out of the centre of the frame, plus the bottom part of the meadow is not really necessary for the overall image. Just my thoughts.

Last night wasn't on horseback. But yeah, we can do that if we want. It was really thundering and lightening, I was driving my lil pasture truck. That first picture, I'd handed my camera to my husband and said......here....take a picture. He never uses the camera. LOL It's like handin him a newborn baby, he's afraid he'll break somethin. I didnt crop any of the other pictures except the oil lamp. And none of the pictures were adjusted in photoshop. That's what I thought was so neat. The colors were awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back