A lot of Nikon over Canon?

Timoris

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am seeing a lot of people preferring Nikon over Canon on here, is there a specific reason or is it "just so"? I figured camera for camera, Nikon and Canon are basically the same exact thing, except Canon has less noise and Nikon can use the Lensbaby tilt transformer (*fist shake*).

Also professional Nikons have more dedicated buttons, where as Canon options are accessed through menus, eliminating buttons. Two different philosophies, same quality cameras.

Pretty much it?

For some reason, it seems to be the opposite out in my real world. Most people I know have Canons, where as when I go onto photo forum sites, most people have Nikons. Weird.

and Nikon can use the Lensbaby tilt transformer (*fist shake*).
Not exactly.

The 'Tilt Transformer' uses Nikon lenses, but it only mounts to Micro Four Thirds cameras.

I think Nikon/Canon is probably pretty evenly split here...

Nikon users type while Canon shooter take pictures. :lmao:

It is possible that Nikon users are more vocal or are more prevalent in forums ?

Maybe Canon users don't talk about their equipment ?

Hmm, I think the Pentax and Sony users should get together to have a voice.

There have been a few polls here - I think it came out pretty even for Nikon/Canon each time... I started one maybe a year ago ... let me see if I can find it...

Yeah there is a very good reason why, it's called viewer bias. If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

I also only see Nikon threads on this forum because I turn a blind eye to the Canon ones. As far as I am aware there has never been a thread on this forum which talks about canon L series lenses. Well none that I've read anyway ;)

Hmm, bias eh ... well I think <insert brand here> is the best !!!

When I used to work in a camera store I had the advantage of using all the brands and could actually make a comparison between specific models ... I tended to find that it is not the brand but specific models of cameras and lenses (everyone can make winners and losers ... just not all the time).

Best Foods is the **KING** of factory mayonnaise...it's called Hellman's Mayonnaise east of the Rocky Mountains...Nikon is pretty good...kind of like Best Foods Mayo....there are other brands, lots of them in fact, but there's only really one brand you want when you wish to be satisfied...

Yeah there is a very good reason why, it's called viewer bias. If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

I also only see Nikon threads on this forum because I turn a blind eye to the Canon ones. As far as I am aware there has never been a thread on this forum which talks about canon L series lenses. Well none that I've read anyway ;)

Ah! But I have switched from Sony to Canon two years ago, never looked back (Never owned an SLR untill the T2i/550D). Quite the opposite of the "Blue Car effect", and I don't see many Canon users talking about Canon. Looking at the Buy & Sell, Posts are mostly dominated by Nikon (Selling Nikon? Hmm, may mean something).

You're probably right though, (I AM relatively new on here...) 40% Nikon, 40% Canon ... 20% Oxygen

Same old, same old.

*yawn*

You certainly do see more Canons used for sports on TV though. Just say'n. :thumbup::sexywink:

Canon AE1 & AE1-P user for years only seemed right to get a canon sxi then the 7D and one day the 5D mark## full frame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back