A mild January day

loopguru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Urban photography is the most fun and the easiest; almost anything is 'artsy/cool/interesting.'
DSC01620.jpg

DSC01618.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01578.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

DSC01285.jpg

Great shots!! I see you're from Chicago...I am too! I work up in Ravenswood, used to work in the Loop.

Tell me...do you get reactions from passersby when you are out there just snapping? They are obviously right in your path...does anyone mind?

I'm so shy with the camera, I mean I'm definitely not afraid of being seen photographing silly things in public :) but what I'm shy about is just getting out there and doing candid shots of crowded streets. How do people act?

Hi there. I live in LP and work in Lake View myself. Just moved to Chicago not more than 5 months ago and I must say I love it. So can you tell where I went to take most of these picts? :wink:

I used to be shy too so to overcome it I would walk up and down Mag Mile just snapping and eventually you get used to it. If I notice someone staring at me I just smile and that's enough. Come down here to Broadway and Diversey to get over your phobia (lots of foot traffic)! By the way what neighberhood are you in?

I don't actually live in Chicago yet, I'm in the burbs. My husband and I will probably move into the northwest side of the city next spring. I work in Ravenswood, in a graphic design firm on the 5th floor of an old factory building...which, that alone could be cool to photograph! It's near Damen and Irving Park Rd. When I worked in the Loop I was on State and Wacker. I'll definitely head out to Broadway and Diversey, that is 4 minutes from my office. Thanks for the advice!

I work up by Addison and Broadway also in a former warehouse. Our building was put up in 1902. It's amazing.

Most reactions

Back