A Mixed Bag From Today

ViceOfFire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are just a few I took today, not really sure what to put as the title as they're all fairly different. On #3 I was kinda pissed cos a lot of the highlights were blown, I only got to take one shot cos I was with a girl, and you know how that can get I'm sure. Here they are:

NickBW.jpg

Land2.jpg

bigissue.jpg

It could be my monitor, but in my opinion, the highlights in #3 are fine and I don't find them distracting at all. What bothers me though is what seems to be excessive burning which creates an uneven looking light throughout the image. I think that you should go back and reprocess #3 because I think it would make a wonderful image without/less of the processing. I also see the literature the man is holding as a very important part of the photo which gives it content and meaning. Try to draw more attention to it by making it lighter/less burning.

I also see the burning problem in #2 where it looks like you tried to save the sky, but in my own opinion the image was not well composed. My eye darts around from the negative space in the center to the building at top left and then down to the structures at the bottom right. It doesn't seem to have a subject.

Similar to #'s 2 and 3, #1 looks overprocessed. There seems to be too much sharpening which has caused the bokeh in the background to be overly distracting. My eye is drawn to it despite the expression on your subject's face. =] It also seems like the faces could stand to be lighter/have less contrast.

Overall, I think #3 is my favorite followed by #1 and then #2.

Thankyou for the honest criticism, it's probably my monitor not yours, as it's calibrated very poorly. I haven't actually done any work on 1 and 2 except I forgot to mention that they're HDR. After I made them HDR I didn't touch them in any way, though. Number 3, the only post I did was trying to save the highlights on his shirt and a B&W conversion, but I guess I screwed up. I'll give it a rework and post in a bit. Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back