A mixed bag of flash!

benpsut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! I have a mixed bag of flash equipment, a newly acquired Canon 430ex ii and a Yongnuo YN568EX that I've had laying around. Not related but I have 3 bees that I use RadioPopper Jrx (the "first generation). I've been wanting to get away from the bees for outdoor work because frankly they're just a pain to set up and lug around when changing locations or simply just walking around with clients. The upside with using the poppers with the bees is being able to change settings via the transmitter. Because the ease of set up and use, I want to switch to the speedlights and use them off camera manually, obviously. The radiopopper jrx's do not simply connect to the 438ex ii without buying their "cube" to take it off camera, but there is inputs for the 568ex. I want to utilize HSS (High Speed Sync) with both units also. What are my options to control both wirelessly off camera (I have a 5D mark ii)? Will the Canon ST-E3RT work with the YN568ex also, or just the 430EXii? Will the Yongnuo version fire both in manual and HSS? Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Ben

If you you're firmly set on HSS I can think of two options:
1. Yongnuo YN622C-TX controller on camera with Yongnuo YN-622C II for the flash lights.
2. Yongnuo YN-E3-RT controller on camera with Yongnuo YNE3-RX for the flash lights.

Both of these will allow you to have HSS, TTL and manual modes.

Canon ST-E3RT won't work out of the box with any of these flash lights but if you already have it - you can use it together with Yongnuo YNE3-RX receivers for the flash lights. You'll again have TTL and manual modes.

Perfect! Thank you! Been racking my brain (and google's brain) all day trying to figure out what combo will work! Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back