A moment of silence for my nifty fifty

squirrels

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Somehow I came back from outer banks vacation but my 50mm lens did not. Odds are it is lost in the shifting dunes of Jockey's Ridge or in the hands of a car browsing thief. :( Either way, sniff sniff!

Unfortunately I lose things (kind of a lot, okay all of the time) and relocate them somewhat occasionally, so Mr. Squirrels requires a waiting period commiserate with the cost of the item before repurchase. :waiting: If I ever get my hands on an lose an expensive lens, I'm stuck.

Thanks for listening and as a reminder to everyone from the guy who checked lost at found at the Jokey's Ridge Dunes, keep a photo of your email address on your memory card in case your camera ever goes AWOL. Not that anyone but me would actually lose their camera. :p

Squirrels

awe, sorry to hear that. hey wait check your other shorts (or camera bag) ;)

I'm trying, man. I'm trying all possible secondary locations!

**lowers head and observes a moment of silence**
This is one of my biggest fears, breaking or losing a piece.

truly a tragedy.
depending on your feelings on older manual focus lenses though, you MIGHT find someone here on the forum just GIVING an EX condition 50mm lens away. :p
maybe Mr. Squirrels would even waive the waiting period.

zadiffgrouphug.gif

truly a tragedy.
depending on your feelings on older manual focus lenses though, you MIGHT find someone here on the forum just GIVING an EX condition 50mm lens away. :p
maybe Mr. Squirrels would even waive the waiting period.

::Quickly dries the tears from her little beady squirrel eyes and clicks the link::

**lowers head and observes a moment of silence**
This is one of my biggest fears, breaking or losing a piece.

OMG, hug your fancy zoom lens close to you (but not so tight as to break it)!

There comes a time in the life of every lens, even a normal lens, when it simply wants a life of its own.

:spank: Bad girl! Some people just can't have nice things!

I've been thinking for quite a while now that we need teeny-tiny real-time GPS tracking devices that are made in such volumes that we can pick them up at the grocery checkout like cheap calculators. They need to be small enough that we can stick them in and on all our valuables without them being easily found by thieves, and then just whip open an app on our smart phones to find them if the device they're hidden on is suddenly missing.

Seems like it's about time manufacturers of our expensive gear start building them right into bodies and lenses and stuff. That'd be an upgrade feature worth having, I think.

I've been thinking for quite a while now that we need teeny-tiny real-time GPS tracking devices that are made in such volumes that we can pick them up at the grocery checkout like cheap calculators. They need to be small enough that we can stick them in and on all our valuables without them being easily found by thieves, and then just whip open an app on our smart phones to find them if the device they're hidden on is suddenly missing.

Seems like it's about time manufacturers of our expensive gear start building them right into bodies and lenses and stuff. That'd be an upgrade feature worth having, I think.

I bought some RFID tags and put one on my keys and one in my wallet. The key fob started misbehaving and beeping at random. So I took out the batteries and lost my keys the next day. I found them during the waiting period though.:blushing:

I bought some RFID tags and put one on my keys and one in my wallet. The key fob started misbehaving and beeping at random. So I took out the batteries and lost my keys the next day. I found them during the waiting period though.:blushing:

Wait, Buckster, a few days ago I went on some internet tangent that ran across the kind of thing you are looking for. Hmm... I can't find it in my history, but it started by clicking a link in amolitors sig. Hang on...:study:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back