A moment of silence for my nifty fifty

I've been thinking for quite a while now that we need teeny-tiny real-time GPS tracking devices that are made in such volumes that we can pick them up at the grocery checkout like cheap calculators. They need to be small enough that we can stick them in and on all our valuables without them being easily found by thieves, and then just whip open an app on our smart phones to find them if the device they're hidden on is suddenly missing.

Seems like it's about time manufacturers of our expensive gear start building them right into bodies and lenses and stuff. That'd be an upgrade feature worth having, I think.

Why not the same technology parents attach to their kids so if they wander off so far they get alerted? Cripes, Ford and DeWalt offer a similar technology for attaching to tools.

I've been thinking for quite a while now that we need teeny-tiny real-time GPS tracking devices that are made in such volumes that we can pick them up at the grocery checkout like cheap calculators. They need to be small enough that we can stick them in and on all our valuables without them being easily found by thieves, and then just whip open an app on our smart phones to find them if the device they're hidden on is suddenly missing.

Seems like it's about time manufacturers of our expensive gear start building them right into bodies and lenses and stuff. That'd be an upgrade feature worth having, I think.

Why not the same technology parents attach to their kids so if they wander off so far they get alerted? Cripes, Ford and DeWalt offer a similar technology for attaching to tools.
It's a good start, but I'd really love to see a product that's so small thieves don't notice it and just tear it off and throw it away as they're running away. If it were built into the product, that would solve it just fine. Also, it'd be great if it were inexpensive enough to buy a couple dozen of to hide in/on each expensive piece of gear.

awe, sorry to hear that. hey wait check your other shorts (or camera bag) ;)

I'm trying, man. I'm trying all possible secondary locations!

Yeah, they're awfully small. Last trip, I thought I left it at home. Found it in my camera bag on the 3rd day.

OTH, maybe it's time for that 1.2

What do you shoot with?

Most reactions

Back