A Moment...

M

MDowdey

Gang,

Have you ever had the pleasure of taking that long drive to the Photo shop on a bright sunny afternoon to pick up your pics...and you walk in, pay the man behind the counter, walk out to your car...sit down, open up your little white, nondescript envelope, flip through the tossers, only to find that one pic?

well, i found my best picture so far..i took shots of my 9 month old niece, and while most were her eating grass..i got one that floored me to the point that i (yes, md) cried when i saw it, because i realized right there that i caught something in her that was raw, unabashed, and real. her picture represented life at its fullest...grass and all..

have you ever had a pic that made you emotional? this is never happened to me before...

discuss

md

i might, but this picture is soo pretty, that my scanner wouldnt do it justice...im thinking of other ways though..

md

i guess thats what happens when you get a scanner for 50 bucks at walmart

Well, are you going to show us the picture?

I have one that I'm especially proud of. It's technically not all that good but it's one of those once in a lifetime shots that I shot from a car speeding down the highway. I'll try to dig it up.

im working on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

send me a coolscan V and ill work on it!!!

md

MDowdey said:
have you ever had a pic that made you emotional? this is never happened to me before...
Yeah, a couple. There are always the ones that get to you because of who is in it or when it was taken, but sometimes there are ones that just hit you because it's AN IMAGE. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it, and there's a good chance it won't hit them that way, but for some reason you end up seeing something more than just the subject. Like you said, there's some kind of raw truth revealed.

I really want those more often. They are much too rare.

Here is my shot

1147Alaska_-_117.jpg

mike, i can see where that picture might hold a raw truth...very good!!!

my picture might not even instill a response like i had, because she is my heart is the reason why it got to me...

md

Hey, if your photography doesn't get to you every once in a while...why do it? :wink:

It's great that you created an image that is special to you, even if it's only special to you. (we still want to see it)

From now on...If ever you feel in a rut, you can think about your special photo for inspiration.

Big Mike said:
Hey, if your photography doesn't get to you every once in a while...why do it? :wink:

It's great that you created an image that is special to you, even if it's only special to you. (we still want to see it)

From now on...If ever you feel in a rut, you can think about your special photo for inspiration.

its funny you should say that, thinking of that child keeps me going sometimes, because im going to be a role model..and now i have this beautful picture to always remember her innocence

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back