A moon for Gipson

Just two more shots to round out my experience with the moon to date. Charlie is right, the orientation of the light striking the moon really makes a difference.

Yesterday's moon has little tangential light on the craters.

DSC_0558.jpg by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

Tonight's moon:

DSC_0563.jpg by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

Oh, Pgriz and astrostu....I cloned out the moonbase...shhhhh

Very nice night shots, I've only got a 300mm, and no tele-converter so mine are pretty small :(

Got this one yesterday afternoon while borrowing my dads 80-400mm, it was very hard too focus since it was bright out ...

The Moon Day by xj0hnx, on Flickr

Nice to see moon pics from others from same time frame... here's my shot from yesterday night. I think the first one which actually worked out a little bit.
(200mm)

MoonMarch6th2012.jpg

Nice work, Desi. Now for your next trick, you're going to take a full lunar cycle and put the images in a moon-o-rama panorama... I think Keith (KmH) suggested that in another thread. I've seen it done by some photographers with an astronomical bent. But it takes time, planning, luck and some consistent processing.

Nice work, Desi. Now for your next trick, you're going to take a full lunar cycle and put the images in a moon-o-rama panorama... I think Keith (KmH) suggested that in another thread. I've seen it done by some photographers with an astronomical bent. But it takes time, planning, luck and some consistent processing.

Now, that sounds like a challenge!

Most reactions

Back