A new beginner in DSLR's world.

bluebios

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys :)
I am a passionate photographer who likes to take photos of natural things with my mobile(Galaxy Note 2 camera).
But now i want to be a professional photographer in the field of still life and model/artists photography.

I am looking to buy a DSLR camera.My budget is around 1000$-1300$.Please guide me which camera should i buy as it will be used for an year or so.I need the best one out there :)

Please guide me through this phase.

Thanks

That budget does not even come close if you truly wish to go pro. A good professional zoom lens, for example, will set you back $1200-3000 alone. You should look into buying some used equipment. Ebay has a very large market for used photography equipment. Most of my pro-grade lenses I bought used.

That budget does not even come close if you truly wish to go pro. A good professional zoom lens, for example, will set you back $1200-3000 alone. You should look into buying some used equipment. Ebay has a very large market for used photography equipment. Most of my pro-grade lenses I bought used.

Hi thanks for suggestion.
Can you give some links for the lenses on ebay which are best out there?

Well no, not really. You don't even know which kind of camera you want.

Should i buy [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NIKON D7100([/FONT]with AF-S 18-105mm VR Kit Lens) OR Nikon D5200(with AF-S 18-105mm VR Kit Lens).
Please suggest

Whoaaa little grasshopper!!! You don't just 'become' a professional photographer just by buying a camera. Those few that make a decent living at it have been working on their craft for many years. My suggestion to you is to start by buying a camera and then learning about photography. Trust me; there's a LOT to learn. I've been doing this for 30 years and I learn something new almost every day!

The D7100 is probably the best consumer-grade Nikon body on the market (and IMO, a cut above it's Canon competition), BUT it may not be the camera for you. Head into a real camera store (NOT a big-box store that sells cameras, but a real, honest-to-goodness camera store) and try the different models, try the different lenses, talk to the clerks, find out what they like and why. Above all, get a camera that feels good in your hands! This, IMO, is probably the single most important factor when starting out.

Once you have your camera, learn how it works, learn about light and composition, how to control a scene so that you get the results you want. Understand posing and learn how to direct models. A great way to learn is by joining a local camera club, almost all of them have some older, really experienced (often retired pros) photographers who will get you where you want to be.

DO NOT buy your camera, hang out your shingle on facebook and expect to rock the photographic world. It just doesn't happen!

Hi guys :)
I am a passionate photographer who likes to take photos of natural things with my mobile(Galaxy Note 2 camera).
But now i want to be a professional photographer in the field of still life and model/artists photography.

I am looking to buy a DSLR camera.My budget is around 1000$-1300$.Please guide me which camera should i buy as it will be used for an year or so.I need the best one out there :)

Please guide me through this phase.

Thanks

I was going to say spend the money on some single malt and find a kindly pro to help you drink it and then talk you out of it.

Then I noticed you're in India and I have no clue about your market.

So, buy a bottle of single malt, find a kindly pro and share the bottle and let him/her talk you out of it. If you remain without possession of your senses have the kindly pro (who is familiar with the area and market) get you up to speed.

Honestly, I'd love to help but you're asking about things that are far more complicated than just buying a camera and a few lenses. It's kind of like the guys on the Titanic saying what a cute little iceberg. Find a mentor in your area to get you started, really.

Most reactions

Back