A new lens...Should I buy it?

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for a more suitable portrait lens for my EM-5ii. I currently have the 2 lenses listed in my signature below.
I was looking into the M.Zuiko 45mm 1.8. I am heavily favoring it for it's reasonable price and good reviews.
Do you think it would be really that much different than using my 12-40 zoom lens at 40mm f/2.8?

What else would you suggest?

Sigma 60mm f/2.8 maybe?

But according to one m4/3 afficionado,The First Micro Four Third Lenses You Should Buy the Oly 45/1.8 is the first choice in the 90mm equivalent field of view prime category, and to me, having the f/1.8 f/stop yield an f/3.5 equivalent DOF (in 35mm FOV terms) is almost perfect! If wide-open at f/1.8 yields an f/3.5 depth of field look, that makes f/2 to f/2.5 almost ideal for getting tele-portraits with adequate DOF to actually cover the whole face and head !

Last edited:
Your signature doesn't have anything on it.

The 45f1.8 is a great little lens. I wouldn't hesitate

If you live in the US, or anywhere else that has a good rental service / stores with loose return policy, you can get the lens for a few days and see if you like the results.

Your signature doesn't have anything on it.
It does. Are you viewing on a phone? I’ve noticed that signatures don’t show up when viewed on a phone. Anyway, he has an Olympus OM-D E-M5 II with the 12-40mm f/2.8 and 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7 II.

Yip. On a phone. Thanks

Shooting indoors the 45 is perfect, shooting outside or with lotsa space the Sigma 60/2.8 is sweet.

Oly 45

P5030035.jpg

Sigma 60

P5030006.jpg

This is an enthusiast forum. The advice here is ALWAYS buy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back