A New Nikon Camera....EVIL....

Looks like something paris hilton will probably be interested in buying to match one of her handbags. I really do not like the front half of the lens, and also dislike the football pigskin stitching on grip. Even though its trying to look simplistic, it's too busy, almost confusing.

White cameras are Japanese-speak for "camera for women and girls". And I mean that seriously, no joking intended. A white camera like that might do well in the Japan market, among women and girls.

If it is an EVIL camera then it's disappointing out of the box. Wasn't the point of the designs to allow far smaller cameras?

White cameras are Japanese-speak for "camera for women and girls". And I mean that seriously, no joking intended. A white camera like that might do well in the Japan market, among women and girls.

Derrel, just want to add.. when you buy Subaru turbo cars in the US you have 3 modes: Economy mode, Normal, and Sharp mode. Economy modes uses less gass, sharp mode tweak the turbo so the engine uses more gas but super fast. In Japan they call the economy mode = Her Mode, sharp mode = His Mode LOL

If it is an EVIL camera then it's disappointing out of the box. Wasn't the point of the designs to allow far smaller cameras?

Aside from putting more toys inside (ignoring the space needed for the EVIL setup) I don't really see that there is much space to be saved with a DSLR - certainly my 400D has little space you could cut back on - the lens mount has to be a certain size and following on from that you've the hand grip. Unless they market the EVILs to people with tiny hands I doubt they'll save much space (esp with a popup flash); it will just become one of the new selling points of the camera.

Nikon is also known for targeting the pimp market with their gold/snake-skin special edition cameras:

Nikon_FA_Gold.jpg

Last edited:
I don't really see that there is much space to be saved with a DSLR - certainly my 400D has little space you could cut back on - the lens mount has to be a certain size and following on from that you've the hand grip. Unless they market the EVILs to people with tiny hands I doubt they'll save much space (esp with a popup flash); it will just become one of the new selling points of the camera.

What's a DSLR got to do with an EVIL camera? If you want an example of just how small an equivalent camera/lens combo can be look no further than the Olympus EPL-1 with the 14-42mm (PEN) lens. It is tiny compared to the equivalent smallest SLR available the E-420 with a standard 14-42mm.

The removal of the mirror and the changed distance between lens and sensor plane allow for a much smaller lens design.

If they had a pancake lens, it would be an ultra portable camera that could also be used with DSLR lenses. You guys are entirely missing the point. I guess I can't expect too much else from some of you guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back