cfusionpm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
8002t.jpg

800r.jpg

8008766.jpg

Photos are of my new (to me) Springfield XDm 9mm pistol shot in a DIY light box using my 7D and 50mm 1.4. Only PS work was some WB correcting, a touch of sharpening, and cloning out the serials.

Dude, you should have got a Glock......Just kidding nice pics. It looks like a commercial shoot. Good Job.

Dude, you should have got a Glock......

Haha. I'm never going to buy a glock after I watched a member of a local gun club run some rounds through his, only for the barrel and slide to explode and detach from the gun. He may have been running some hot rounds through it though...

Beautiful pics and beautiful XD. I'm going to look around for a link and try to make a sweet light box like yours too.

Haha. I'm never going to buy a glock after I watched a member of a local gun club run some rounds through his, only for the barrel and slide to explode and detach from the gun. He may have been running some hot rounds through it though...

I have shot Glock competitively for years and seen some blow up but it was because the reloads were hot as you mentioned. I have never had a problem with my 35 and 22. Both have tens of thousands of rounds through them. I did like the XDm and the M&P as alternative but Glock is my first choice.

I have shot Glock competitively for years and seen some blow up but it was because the reloads were hot as you mentioned. I have never had a problem with my 35 and 22. Both have tens of thousands of rounds through them. I did like the XDm and the M&P as alternative but Glock is my first choice.
While I respect the general reliability and accuracy of a Glock, I absolutely can't stand how it sits in my hand. I think the only gun I've shot that had better erganomics than this XDm is a Sig 220.

Nice shots, I like the 1st alot, and I love my XD, got it before the m was out, but the thing will take anything I feed it and has never given me any problems.

While I respect the general reliability and accuracy of a Glock, I absolutely can't stand how it sits in my hand. I think the only gun I've shot that had better erganomics than this XDm is a Sig 220.

Nice XD!

Have you handled one of the Glock SF frames yet?

Nice XD!

Have you handled one of the Glock SF frames yet?
Nope. I've handled standard versions of the 17, 19, 21, and a tiny .45ACP (either a 30 or 36). From what I've seen of the SF, I might like it, but I'm not terribly motivated to get one. I shoot the XDm pretty damn accurately, and being that I'm just a standard civvie plinking at the range, I don't know how much I really need the ruggedness of a Glock. Plus, I just love the XD. I might buy a standard XD9 some day, just because I like them too. I think polymer frames are best in 9mm.

Your third shot could have used a bit of focus stacking. There seems to be some funny stuff going on in the background. The shadows have been partially erased and the background white is a greenish color. I like the angles of 1 and 2.

Your third shot could have used a bit of focus stacking.
I actually took a couple like that and was torn between which I liked better (focus on XDm/Springfield logo, or all crisp). I think that because of the "clarity" and sharpening in Lightroom, some of the OOF areas look a bit odd, but I still like the isolation better than all in focus (like #1). But here's one I took from a single exposure (1/13 at f/11 and ISO 200):

8003o.jpg

There seems to be some funny stuff going on in the background. The shadows have been partially erased and the background white is a greenish color.
That's probably due to my monitor. I notice that when viewing on my phone it's very obvious where the shadows were erased whereas on my monitor, it looks entirely white. Since this is more for my personal use (currently my desktop wallpaper), I'm OK with that and won't go back and re edit. But it's definitely something I'll keep a better eye on for future projects. :thumbup:

In the first their are some spotty shadows beneath the gun. Clone those out and call it a day. Good work!

Regards,
Jake

Beautiful pics and beautiful XD. I'm going to look around for a link and try to make a sweet light box like yours too.

It's super easy. 5 pieces of foamcore board (think the stuff middle schoolers use to make presentations with), white duct tape, some clamp lamps, and bright lightbulbs (I use 150watt off-the shelf curly ones).

Most of the stuff can be had at a Home Depot or Target/WalMart. The sides of two foam pieces have to be cut down so the opening is even, and I cut two small notches in either side to rest the lights on (since the clamps themselves sat awkwardly).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back