A New Year in the Beacons

yummifruitbat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!

The weather of the first few days of 2006 hasn't been up to much here in Wales, but there was a bit of daylight on the 2nd so Tasha and I took a brief trip into the Brecon Beacons for some photos. She's just got her first 'proper' camera, a Panasonic Lumix FZ20, and I'm jealous! :p

I've used my new laptop for the usual PS adjustments and I'm not really used to a TFT screen, so apologies if the contrast is a bit off.

P1010039cropwborder_resize.jpg

P1010024wborder_resize.jpg

I tried some new techniques for these so as always, I'd appreciate any feedback/comments/criticism. Please be honest! :D

great shots man!!! love them :thumbup:

Thanks guys ;)

I used for the first time on these shots a gradual tobacco filter which I picked up in the Dixons sale. Does that work? Any opinions on the exposure in the 2nd image?

Fantastic! The first one roks. Great use of space. Love the geometric shapes making up the land portion of the shot. and the light is stunning.

Second is compositionally very good; just maybe a bit dark in the FG but you've controllled the hilights well as far as I can tell. Nice work :thumbsup:

I love both of them but the 1st is my favourite. It makes me want to jump in my car and drive through the mountains too. I love the light

Most reactions

New Topics

Back