Lumix DMC-FZ70 won’t playback videos on camera screen

SkyeCrath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am new to the forum and am hoping for some help. I’ve been using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 for about 5 years now with no problems. But for the last few months I have not been able to playback video on the camera's LCD screen, which is something I used to do all the time. I noticed it a few months ago and the problem has been constant ever since. The video records fine, and it playbacks perfectly once I transfer the video file to my laptop. But when I try to playback the video file on the camera, it just shows up as a still image. I've tested a few different SD cards, different brands and sizes, but still no video playback on the camera screen. I haven't dropped the camera and there hasn't been any other sort of physical damage. I checked the camera Settings and Playback mode is turned On. I'm a very basic user, just modes iA, Automatic and SCN. I don't intentionally mess with any of the advanced settings, but maybe I changed something accidentally? Or pressed a button I shouldn't have? I didn't realize how much I used this video playback feature until it stopped working, Any advice would be appreciated.

Most reactions

Back