A Nice Lawn in Tennessee

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A drive-by scene near Morristown, Tennessee I had to stop for yesterday while out and about:

House_on_the_hill_0790.jpg

Oops! I thought I was posting in landscapes...

Aren't you??? ;)

What did you do to the sky in this one? The sun is not shining, as you can tell by the absence of shadows, yet the sky is so bright as if it were...

Oops! I thought I was posting in landscapes...

Aren't you??? ;)

What did you do to the sky in this one? The sun is not shining, as you can tell by the absence of shadows, yet the sky is so bright as if it were...

Thanks kindly for the move. :thumbup::)

It was a beautiful sunny day with a bright blue sky, but at that moment a cloud had shadowed the landscape in front of me. I waited for a couple minutes, but it was just taking too long for it to pass, and I had places to be so I took the shot as it was.

Later, in Lightroom, I used a digital graduated ND filter to bring the shadowed ground exposure levels up to be more in tune with the sky's.

It think it worked out okay, but I'm likely biased. :mrgreen:

I think it turned out great. I would have either cloned out the post on the left or put one in one the right. I know that's cheating, but..thats what I would have done. The exposure looks very well done, but you can tell the ground was shadowed. Looks good to me.

:thumbsup:
Mark

Wow, that's a great property...and a great photo of it.

some cloning and stuff like that would have made it wild cool.. alot of people say that is cheating, but we all did it years and years ago in the darkrooms... look at some of ansel adams old stuff. if you see the original shot they are just average, it's what he did in the darkroom that made them spectacular. don't feel guilty about post processing stuff, it's the final image that matters, not how you got there.
this one would take alot of work to make it all symmetrical, but the final outcome would be worth it if your skills are up to the task.

and damn that driveway, i thought mine was expensive!! sometimes i just hate rich people ha ha ha

Mike

http://www.michaelleggero.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back