A nickel, a dime, a dollar?

No problem Rhubarb!

For those that are still viewing this post...I need a favor. I honestly can't decide between the B&W with yellow or the last color I posted. Right now I am leaning toward the color for the details it brings out in the mans face...BUT the B&W with yellow sets a stronger emotion IMO (as I feel most B&W does).

Any suggestions, tips, different ideas, votes? Thanks so much!

themonko said:
No problem Rhubarb!

For those that are still viewing this post...I need a favor. I honestly can't decide between the B&W with yellow or the last color I posted. Right now I am leaning toward the color for the details it brings out in the mans face...BUT the B&W with yellow sets a stronger emotion IMO (as I feel most B&W does).

Any suggestions, tips, different ideas, votes? Thanks so much!

I definately like the B&W with yellow filter (by far - for the same reason I stated earlier : the red areas distract too much) the best. Although I'm not sure what method you're using to get to the b&w. (i.e. why it's losing the detail).

I tried a simple desaturate and added a yellow filter on my own, because I wanted to see if it was possible without losing the detail in his face. It seemed to work, so it goes back to wondering what you're doing differently.

nickeldime.jpg

jadin said:
I definately like the B&W with yellow filter (by far - for the same reason I stated earlier : the red areas distract too much) the best. Although I'm not sure what method you're using to get to the b&w. (i.e. why it's losing the detail).

I tried a simple desaturate and added a yellow filter on my own, because I wanted to see if it was possible without losing the detail in his face. It seemed to work, so it goes back to wondering what you're doing differently.

I actually just posted a thread in the HOW TO's section about just that. I am not sure if I am doing it right....obviously not. Any suggestions on the best way to convert to B&W would be helpful. I shoot in RAW, so everything comes in color to start.

Thanks!

I like the first one best too. I liked that it was so monotone with that little burst of color. Actually, the tile pulled me in to the subject. But what the hey, it's all good! Wonderful photo.

Elsapet - are you refering to the first picture posted?

It is amazing how EVERYONE sees EVERYTHING so differently! I love it!

Thanks again to everyone who gave me input. This place has truely been amazing so far!

Most reactions

Back