A night at the BMW Performance Center: Part 1

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
So I had the awesome oppurtunity to do two of my most favorite things at once last night. Take some awesome pictures, and drive some fast cars on roads with no speed limits. BMW and the American Cancer Society got together to come up with an event called Relay for Life. If you have heard about those all-night long events where people walk around a track to raise money and awareness for cancer, this is pretty similar, but with a big twist.

dsc9177fg8.jpg

E46 BMW M3

Being hosted at BMW's performance driving school, many driving events were setup. All the proceeds went to cancer. There were three events, an off-road course with X5's, a hot-lap in an 507hp M5, and match racing with the amazing twin turbo 335i's. Needless to say I signed up for each one!

dsc9179qk4.jpg

The beautiful rims on the brand new BMW M3

Needless to say this was one of the most fun nights of my life. I'll go into more details later about each event but let me just say that each one totally blew me away.

dsc9181sj6.jpg

Fender vents on the new M3

There were also tons of beautiful, rare, and expensive BMW's just laying around. Sounds like heaven for someone that loves photography and cars.

dsc9183af9.jpg

A BMW 135i

I found a row of wrecked cars in the back of the center. Proof that these car's are not invincible and that seat belts, roll cages, and helmets might actually save some lives out here.

dsc9185xp1.jpg

It wasn't me....

I took these before the Off Road drive in the X5, which was the first event of the night.

dsc9204vx6.jpg

Sunset over BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, SC

dsc9209me5.jpg

BMW M5 Fender

dsc9216vm2.jpg

335i flyin around the track

dsc9198to2.jpg

For the people that can't drive the real cars

dsc9188tg5.jpg

BMW Alpina B7

dsc9200di1.jpg

335i Screaming Around the track

dsc9204vx6.jpg

BMW M6 Sunset

dsc9219ov1.jpg

Me and a 335i

dsc9208ug9.jpg

Hm... what M5 do I want to take?

Part 2 coming soon...

*drool* <3 BMW's

lol

BMW's are my favorite... you got to see an Alpina B7... you lucky man you. And you got to drive some of my favorite cars.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back