A not too pleased attempt at Self Portrait :edited:

I like this second one better also, and I don't think the painting has to go for this one. You're now working with it instead of in spite of it or in competition with it.

Also, in the first, the partial inclusion of the camera seemed like an accident or side effect. Although I'm not sure if the second would be better without it, the more-intentional appearance of the camera is better.

Im glad you didn't dump the van gogh :) but either the mirror or the picture is a little off, but I do love the shot, and glad that you decided to not hide the camera this time too

I reckon if you hid the camera by photoshop it would be a great shot.

After I took that shot you have, I'd turn the camera 180 degrees move it to the wall, set it at the same tripod height and then take a pic of myself in the same position. Then p/s that image into the original image, therefore getting rid of the camera, but still having the same distance that the light has to trvel. So, you should get the same type of image that was in the mirror.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

-nomav6, you are right, the mirror is a little off.
-Trig, thanks for the suggestion. But, how can I not have my eyes in the portrait? :)

Okay - here's a suggestion mate. Move the darn lamp closer to the frame (mirror). The sideways shot is a lot more effective... use that. What I am chasing is a combo of the two shots - the bottom one with the lamp (moved in a lot closer). I think you might get what you wanted from that.

2Stupid2Duck said:
Okay - here's a suggestion mate. Move the darn lamp closer to the frame (mirror). The sideways shot is a lot more effective... use that. What I am chasing is a combo of the two shots - the bottom one with the lamp (moved in a lot closer). I think you might get what you wanted from that.
Thanks 2S2D :)

the lighting in the first picture is much nicer,
guess it was taken at a different time of the day.

I like the idea/pose of the 2nd one better, make
sure that the mirror is straight. I would try to get
rid of the camera - then again it adds to the photo,
maybe just loose the big Canon strap...

Most reactions

Back