A painful goodby to old souls pic heavy

Soocom1

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A while back I posted this thread of photos of some trees and the like making them look like 1920's vintage photos.

1920 or 2020?.. (No.s 1 and 5)

The first of those photos was taken of a cottonwood a few hundred feet from the house.

Yesterday, the Bernalillo county Sheriff's Office served a warrant on a house in Edgewood NM (about 40 miles from where I am at. ) The individuals sought fled in a stolen Hummer H2. The suspects while fleeing, damaging some LE units and traveled along Interstate 40 until they exited on the east side of the Sandia Mountains and took the Crestview drive up to NM 165 (to whit is a "back mountain road) that leads into my neighborhood. The chase was taken up by the NMSP and their helicopter. Without going too deep into details, the suspects ditched the H2, lit it on fire and escaped on foot. But the fire burned the H2 to ash, and set the area on fire.
Because of safety reasons, and despite the literal walking distance of the fire truck from the fire, the Sandoval County SO decided the situation was too hot and active to risk the FD from putting out the fire. So it was allowed to burn for more than 2 hours.

The end result was this:

fcRNTQN.jpg
lkIbkwY.jpg
HB7PFwF.jpg
qDKU2xl.jpg
YCthFjr.jpg
RVHdYtk.jpg
uVo8PFQ.jpg
5KIBDPT.jpg
W5YCpGC.jpg
4dnMce2.jpg
8yX0iaz.jpg
IxSHSdT.jpg
vAXocP5.jpg
GzrmiIX.jpg

Good documentary pictures of a sad state of affairs.

Poor tree, as they say on WildEarth (really good show Twitch), look at it as an ecological change where new trees and habitats will be made. I do have a fondness of nature and wish it would not have happened to begin with but we can only move forward. People can be so destructive. =[

But did they catch the bastards?

Nice set. I guess we can safely say we won't hear the hum of it's tires ever again.

Excellent reportage, and sad about the old trees - they look like they've been growing for many years.

Most reactions

Back