1920 or 2020?

Soocom1

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For those not initiated, New Mexico was at one time an absolute hotbed of photography.
In the 1890's-1960's New Mexico was host to many very famous photographers.
Ansel Adams, Georgia Totto O'Keeffe, Michael Berman, Lee Marmon (who I have met personally) and a host of extremely talented artists.

One note that I always got from the photographs of old New Mexico is a specific spirit that once you see it, it wont let you go. I wanted to try and capture some of that today. The feel of the photos from that era is almost magical and the spirits of colonial Nuevo Mexico runs deep and unique.
I hope the old term I use to hear "plantando las semillas de la espiritualidad" is welcomed here.

So I took some time today to shoot some more areas around the house and faked it with the Fuji, medium format Kiev 88 lenses and a small amount of PP but the camera was set to B&W...
Enjoy

kFRIlaj.jpg

uaWC0QL.jpg

sB8imV6.jpg

4sEnuFm.jpg

p8THN9W.jpg

feu26TS.jpg

Really cool. 1,3,5 my favorites. Good sepia. I really like these.

The first one are steel beams used to capture river junk and act as a pseudo levy. They are styled after the WWII tank blockade devices.. The picture just captures that 1940's feel

k0HcuOF.jpg

The second one reminds me a lot of a photo of a bridge in Penansco NM taken in the 1920's.

L6zxBWD.jpg

And I thought those jetty jacks were part of New Mexico's zombie defense system! :)

Nicely shot images.

Nice work.

I am a fan of old photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back