A pair of night shots from Parlament Hill in Ottawa

dewey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

So I'm continuing my six city Canadian tour with Ottawa for the next two weeks. Here are a couple of quick shots from tonight... sorry I mislabeled them in Photershop.

*EDIT* The lighting at the Centre Block is a bit challenging, so I played a bit with using HDR with CS2. I'm impressed with the results and I'll have to fiddle some more to see what it can do. It's hard to see at this resolution but there is a LOT of detail that the HDR image brings out (the clock face on the Peace Tower for example) but it also washed the color out a bit... so I must tweak some more.

I'm interested in what the area has to offer so if anyone if familier with this part of beautiful Canada please point me in the right direction. Of course the Parlament complex and the canal looks nice. I also noticed that the many embassies are interesting. If you have any thoughts on locations in the area just let me know. :)

Thanks for looking.

Parlament Hill Centre Block (original)

paralment.jpg

Parlament Hill Centre Block (HDR composite)

parlaHDR-1.jpg

Parlament Hill East Block

Okay so here is the HDR experiment... I haven't messed with HDR in CS2 before but I like the lighting control you get. Thank you for the kind compliments.

parlaHDR-1.jpg

Wow. I am really impressed with the HDR you created ... it DOES look so much better and so much more detailed than the original photo! It feels like I NEED to learn how to create HDRs (with my old PS 6.0 :roll: ) very soon now. Ach, if only I had a PS tutor who could teach me such things... for your Parliament Hill Centre Block HDR is really good! I like the colours and the orange glow from the light pollution in the sky!

Most reactions

Back