What's new

A plea for help

padrepaul77

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
155
Reaction score
2
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm giving up on trying to post my pictures for now, as I am having all sorts of problems. I upload them from my canon just fine onto my PC, and do have a gallery on here, but run into all sorts of issues trying to post a picture. I don't think I'm an idiot :o)

1) Whenever I try to browse my PC for the file to put into my gallery, I get "invalid file." What the heck does that mean?

2) Whenever I try to upload something from my PC to this forum, I get "upload failed."

Other people clearly upload pictures here, with no problems - it is just quite aggravating to keep having issues. I'm obviously doing something wrong. I don't know why I can't place things in my gallery; is there something else I need to do other than browse and upload?

Many thanks and I hope to eventually post pictures!
Paul
 
Are you shooting in RAW?

If so, then your PC won't normally recognize RAW as a standard picture type and won't display the image when using Windows Explorer to Browse.

Same would go with websites (to my knowledge). You have to convert them to a recognized file type, preferably JPG.

Hope this helps
 
They are all JPEG files...I have no idea why the darn thing won't work...I'll keep tinkering or come back later after I cool down :o)
 
See my post in your other thread :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom