What's new

A plow.

ImNick

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 19, 2010
Messages
220
Reaction score
16
Location
Michigan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i took this one the other day. i enjoy the wood texture. critique please.

4310875190_0867243d79_b.jpg
 
Its not that strong of a picture, I would keep trying, not sure if any editing would make it better. Sorry to be so harsh, but stay focused on growing your skills
 
Its not that strong of a picture, I would keep trying, not sure if any editing would make it better. Sorry to be so harsh, but stay focused on growing your skills

It's ok to be harsh. i know what your saying about it not being strong. and im not much of a fan of editing pictures. with an exception of cropping. I think editing allows for people to take OK pictures and then make them outstanding instead of just taking outstanding photos.
 
I think editing allows for people to take OK pictures and then make them outstanding instead of just taking outstanding photos.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
 
Now bitter... <grin>

Nick, editing is used for a lot of reasons, but as I hope bitter is trying to convey, your above statement is not one of the more readily accepted reasons to edit. Editing is not magic, and if you look at what magic truly is "slight of hand and trickery" then as related to photography you truly do not want to trick people into thinking you have an "outstanding" image you want it to BE and outstanding image. And I would have to say magic on stage is a much easier sell then "magic" born from editing, at least when surrounded by your peers. (other photographers)

I think the composition needs work on this one. While I enjoyed the close up of the handle simply because it let me see just how much weathering the old plow had seen through the years I hardly think that this was the sole emphasis of the photo.

Unfortunately aside from cropping PP editing can't do a lot for composition in my opinon and since in this image I think the angle could use some work you won't see alot that PP can do for you.

With that out of the way I say keep trying subjects like old plows can be a great subject for still life imagery. As you stated above you are not a big fan of editing, that is a good place to be. Keep on!
 
Last edited:
Interesting. I like the dof. Perhaps it may have been better if shot from the other angle (from the plow looking up)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom