A post no photographer ever wants to make....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is why insurance is so expensive for the rest of us. With my insurance company I have to list what I own and proof of ownership (pictures and serial numbers) of whats being insured.
As do I. My company has a complete record of everything I own, down to light-stands and spare flash tubes. I'm not sure I understand why my insurance premiums make insurance more expensive for you however.

What logic do you use to come to the conclusion that someone paying for 'replacement cost' insurance makes insurance more expensive for everyone else?

After all, John is the one paying the $750 a year in premiums.

All insurance companies are going to require a proof of ownership and serial numbers.

Sorry. I took the last part of your comment as saying "I get brand-new gear; in other words, a D700 would magically turn into a D800; a D3 to a D4s, as meaning you would falsify what you owned. Sorry for my miss understanding.

You don't need to "falsify" any statement if the item you list is no longer offered, and has been superseded by a later model. That's what happened with my stuff. The manufacturer simply wasn't offering the same models anymore, so I had to go the current model to get the same features.

You don't need to "falsify" any statement if the item you list is no longer offered, and has been superseded by a later model. That's what happened with my stuff. The manufacturer simply wasn't offering the same models anymore, so I had to go the current model to get the same features.

Thanks. I think what confused me was when he used the term "magically"

Thanks. I think what confused me was when he used the term "magically"
Yeah, I can see where the confusion was; poor choice of words on my part. That said, I hope the magic never happens.

I love how everyone else in this thread can act in a civil manner amognst one another. But when a comment is made towards me it's simply to point out my lack of intellect and poor judgement.

No offer to share knowledge, just "well that's what you get for being stupid". This forum never ceases to prove that few are actually here to help and support one another in the same community. I certainly hope you don't act this way without a screen to hide behind. :biglaugh:

It's not clear what you're looking for? I have no magic that can recover your gear and repair your life.

Plenty of people have expressed earnest sympathy. What else is there to be done?

Maybe two have expressed genuine sympathy and one has offered a suggestion to recover the loss. The rest has been backhanded, tactless comments to make them feel intellectually above me.

What else is there to be done? Nothing from everyone who is far too superior to me to show me any respect. Why even post in the thread? Don't your have more productive things to do?

Carry on. Lol!

I agree on the insurance part, if this is a business then it's just part of the cost. I had four computers stolen last year and was just happy that I was not harmed and the the one camera I had along was not taken. In the case of the OP I'm am just wondering if their lawyer or police have told them they have a chance to recover anything or if it's best to just move on.

I count at least a half dozen genuinely sympathetic replies.

Also, with respect, google suggests that you post a new and different dramatic tale every year or so, someplace or other. DIdn't all your stuff get stolen from a storage unit 6 months ago? Or maybe burned up? I couldn't quite follow.

Hahaha psycho. Wasn't unit 6 and nothing was stolen. Just broken in to. I've had a bit of a rough run in the last year, to say the least. So why put all this effort in to researching someone whom you have nothing left to do for....yea. You have NOTHING to add here except rude, judgemental comments. And a lame attempt to "call me out" for having few options to vent and actually talk to people about my termoil cause I had no real people to trust? Is that ANY of your business? No. I kept it on topic here. I was looking for a way to just let it out and talk. But since you're so highly offended, I guess you forgot where the "back" button is to go troll someone else's thread or AT LEASTTTT get your facts right when you run a background check.

I literally can't do anything but shake my head and laugh at you. I remember trying to dig up dirt on people too....in middle school. But I became a grown up. Perhaps you missed the memo?

I'm pretty much over this trainwreck. Lol. I don't need to DEFEND myself to a bunch of negative people for simply trying to discuss a hardship in my life. At least if I talked to the wall about it it would keep its damn mouth shut instead of try to be an electronic tough guy. Hahaha. Wow.

Thank you to those who offered sympathy or advice. It truly means a lot.

And thank you to those who made yourselves look ridiculous and made me smile knowing I don't have to have negative people like you in my life anymore. Tis but a mouse click away....the award clearly goes to "photoguy99". Although his accuracy is a tad off, he sure had the heart and determination. You may want to pick up a new hobby. Cause you just made yourself look like a total tool, my dear.

Wow.

I made no judgments. Imagine if I had, though

OP: I think you need to bear in mind that you're a relatively unknown quantity here, and people making posts on Internet forums for nefarious purposes isn't exactly unheard of. Despite being one of the major photography forums on the 'net, TPF actually has a fairly tight-knit community of regulars who have gotten to know each other (as best one can in cyber-space), and/or actually met face to face. I make no judgements or assumptions about your situation, , rather I am simply pointing out why you may have received the degree of sympathy to which you felt entitled.

I make no pretense of being able to tell truth from falsehood on the internet.

I am old and have seen much. I've seen these things resolve both ways, but usually it is unknowable. To the incredible frustration of the person who wishes to be believed, be they honest or not.

It's no skin off my nose to give someone the benefit of the doubt and show the empathy I feel for anyone who has suffered such a personal tragedy.

If they didn't actually suffer it, it doesn't negatively impact me in any way. If they did though, it's nothing short of piling on a level of cruelty that's inhumane to kick them even more when they're down and call them a liar, or imply it.

It's no skin off my nose to give someone the benefit of the doubt and show the empathy I feel for anyone who has suffered such a personal tragedy.

If they didn't actually suffer it, it doesn't negatively impact me in any way. If they did though, it's nothing short of piling on a level of cruelty that's inhumane to kick them even more when they're down and call them a liar, or imply it.

Ah wisdom creeps onto the internet.

Miraculous!!!

Good luck 'Iris life can really be a ***** sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back