A preponderance of sunsets

Calamari Kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got my first dslr over the holidays and took these shots while visiting family in San Diego. Now that I've moved on from the point and shoot world I want to pay a bit more attention to what I'm doing, so I'd love to hear what folks who've been at this awhile think.

I've done some cropping and spot removal in PS, otherwise they're straight from the camera. I'm too new at this to have any kind of an ego about these, so give me the works.

Thanks for looking-

IMG_0191_edit1_wb.jpg

IMG_0194_edited-1_wb.jpg

IMG_0259_edit1_wb.jpg

IMG_1158_edited-1_wb.jpg

IMG_1185_edited-1_wb.jpg

IMG_1686_edited-1_wb.jpg

IMG_1732_edited-1_wb.jpg

IMG_1856_edited-1_wb.jpg

5 7 and 8 are awesome shots. I especially like 8...the sky is wonderful, and you didn't lose the detail in the water...great job.

Do you fly paragliders or were you just in the area? I have a powered paraglider. I need a motor here in Oklahoma. No slopes you see. :D Anyways, nice pics!

7 and 8 = :thumbup:

I'm new here, so I hope I'm not offending you or breaking the rules, but I thought I'd show you something I did with your image. I figured since you got a new DSLR I'd give you something to think about with future images.

I added some saturation, bumped the cyan, blue and magenta channels, then added some black to the black channel.

Yes, not maybe?

IMG_1732_edited-1_wb-Chris.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. :blushing:

Do you fly paragliders or were you just in the area? I have a powered paraglider. I need a motor here in Oklahoma. No slopes you see. :D Anyways, nice pics!

I did quite a bit of skydiving back in the day but haven't jumped into paragliding...yet. My dad-in-law is licensed for powered and non. I followed him out to Torrey Pines gliderport for an afternoon and took over 1k pics just playing around.

Chris-
That looks great to my eye. I definitely like the richer colors. I'm new to PS as well so it's all about learning at this point.

Just so you know, you don't need any sort of license to fly a paraglider. Powered or not. I have a pilots license, but most of the paraglider pilots I know don't have one. I fly for a living, but a paraglider is so much more fun. Check out www.flightjunkies.com if you're interested.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back