A quaint church in Hanalei

Very beautiful tonal harmony and light. I like it !

Very beautiful tonal harmony and light. I like it !

Thanks Actinometro :)

Excellent & lovely; yet i would prefer some off centric framing

Regards :D

I played with different crops. This one seemed best. I agree that centered framing isn't the most interesting compositon.

There was a lot of road captured in the original image-- mainly the crop takes out the road. But I couldn't find any crop that I was happy with on the vertical. If you see any, feel free to post. Just the way the palm trees add something to the image I couldn't see cropping them out.

THanks Freq.

Excellent shot. I love the fence in the front.
I didn't take a shot of this church when I was on Kauai. It was so rainy the drab the days I was on the north coast. =( I guess that just means I'll have to go back!!!

Excellent shot. I love the fence in the front.
I didn't take a shot of this church when I was on Kauai. It was so rainy the drab the days I was on the north coast. =( I guess that just means I'll have to go back!!!

I want to go back reallllly badly. Best island ever!

I really like the limited colors and the over all tonal quality you achieved with those nasty looking clouds. Just not really crazy with your composition. I would have cropped the further most Palm tree on the left side, then using the Palm closest to the church as the left edge of your photograph. This would allow you to some what off center the church, making for a more pleasing composition.

I really like the limited colors and the over all tonal quality you achieved with those nasty looking clouds. Just not really crazy with your composition. I would have cropped the further most Palm tree on the left side, then using the Palm closest to the church as the left edge of your photograph. This would allow you to some what off center the church, making for a more pleasing composition.

Crop Hanalei by Rotanimod, on Flickr

Rotanimod, looks better to me, what do you think?

Well, I like the balance of the elements in the original. I like how the crop makes the church a bit off center, it's nice.

I think I might be leaning toward the original, just from a balance perspective.

Rotanimod, looks better to me, what do you think?

Well, I like the balance of the elements in the original. I like how the crop makes the church a bit off center, it's nice.

I think I might be leaning toward the original, just from a balance perspective.

I see.

For me, I like the crop better. But they're pretty close to each other.

Most reactions

Back