A question about regarding a Cable Release for Canon Powershot

j_starner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Yea, I know it's no professional camera, or even close to an SLR, but it's all I have right now unfortunately. :(

Anyways, I'm having an issue with it. It's my intention to go downtown at night to shoot pics of the city, the skyline being an obvious choice. I knew I would have to do long exposures, so I went to buy a tripod. Got it back home and all only to realize that it would have been wise to get a cable release (I think that's what it is called at least, it's the wire you'll hook up to your camera to trigger it so you don't have to touch the camera itself, thus making the camera move and getting a blurry picture) too, but I don't see any input on the camera in order to hook one of these up to. So I search around for info but to no avail. I'm relatively new at all this, and so could be overlooking something simple, does the wire hook into the usb input or something, or does my camera just not have an input for it? I use a Canon Powershot A560.

Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm guessing that your camera doesn't have a connection/port for a cable remote. I'd bet that you can fire the camera remotely if you had it hooked up to a computer/laptop via the USB cable.

I would also bet that your camera has a self timer, so just set the timer and stand back...it's as simple as that.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm guessing that your camera doesn't have a connection/port for a cable remote. I'd bet that you can fire the camera remotely if you had it hooked up to a computer/laptop via the USB cable.

I would also bet that your camera has a self timer, so just set the timer and stand back...it's as simple as that.

...why didn't I think of that? :lol: It never occurred to me, sheesh!

Most reactions

Back